• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Goodman Games solicits input

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Didn't Goodman Games release an rpg called Eldritch? I don't have it but it didn't seem to make much of a splash.

Beat me to it.

Honestly, I think people who want rules light system need to find a rules light system and convert the adventures that they want to play instead of trying to shoe horn D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder into a rules light shoe.

booboo

First Post
Beat me to it.

Honestly, I think people who want rules light system need to find a rules light system and convert the adventures that they want to play instead of trying to shoe horn D&D 3.5 or Pathfinder into a rules light shoe.

yup my thoughts also

yes a rules light d20 system would be good to build adventures on
maby a cheap rules book 7-14 $

Last edited:

BigWeather

Explorer
I'd love to see DCC based on any version of D&D except 4e. If it is 4e I'll continue to pass on them (loved the 3.x ones). That's just my preference, of course.

Edit: By this I mean I'd love the default to be non-4e as I'm not keen on having to reference non-4e material as a supplement.

Last edited:

dm4hire

Explorer
Maybe I should talk to Joseph, I have a head start on that kind of design...

Now that would be awesome. I've read through Trailblazer and like what I see, but being that it isn't a full on RPG found that as one of its weaknesses. So my question is are you referring to Trailblazer or have you started to expand the rules with possible thoughts of re-releasing it as a full system?

scruffygrognard

Adventurer
Now that would be awesome. I've read through Trailblazer and like what I see, but being that it isn't a full on RPG found that as one of its weaknesses. So my question is are you referring to Trailblazer or have you started to expand the rules with possible thoughts of re-releasing it as a full system?

+1

I bought and like Trailblazer (it's a great resource to drawn ideas from in order to fix 3.5), but I'm looking for something a little more radical/self-contained (but less radical than Microlite d20).

The challenge is to keep what worked well in 3.5 and strip out the bits that bog down the game... all while making it 3.X compatible and true to D&D's roots.

Sounds like a headache! ;)

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer

I am expanding Trailblazer to make it more complete, yes; taking it one piece at a time. Completing our Monsters, Spells and Magic, and Players' Options books will round out the ruleset.

I bought and like Trailblazer (it's a great resource to drawn ideas from in order to fix 3.5), but I'm looking for something a little more radical/self-contained (but less radical than Microlite d20).

The challenge is to keep what worked well in 3.5 and strip out the bits that bog down the game... all while making it 3.X compatible and true to D&D's roots.

What you've just described is where I thought we were headed! If you have some feedback to help me improve the design, stop by the Bad Axe Games forum and let me know.

Sounds like a headache! ;)

Are you kidding? Sounds like a blast!

dm4hire

Explorer
I am expanding Trailblazer to make it more complete, yes; taking it one piece at a time. Completing our Monsters, Spells and Magic, and Players' Options books will round out the ruleset.

I like the sound of that and not that I don't appreciate all the different books you'll be coming out with, but I hope there will at least be a complete book later on.

Good luck if you do get to talk with Goodman.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
I like the sound of that and not that I don't appreciate all the different books you'll be coming out with, but I hope there will at least be a complete book later on.

That seems likely.

Good luck if you do get to talk with Goodman.

That seems... less likely.

But if Paizo has cornered the 3pp market on rich, deep content, campaign worlds and adventure paths, I'd be happy to help Goodman corner the market on beer-and-pretzels dungeon raiding.

Remove ads