Green Ronin announces Testament Campaign Setting

Nikchick

Explorer
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

GREEN RONIN TO PUBLISH TESTAMENT CAMPAIGN SETTING
Biblical Era to Come to Life for d20 Fans

January 16, 2003—SEATTLE, WA: This April Green Ronin delves into the past with Testament: Roleplaying in the Biblical Era. Part history, part mythology, Testament is the d20 System campaign setting that's both instantly familiar and yet unlike any game world you have ever experienced.

“I conceived this product as an alternative to the current crop of fantasy worlds,” says Green Ronin President Chris Pramas. “Really, how many more vaguely Tolkien-esque fantasy settings do we need?”

Veteran RPG and computer game designer Scott Bennie (Fallout, Starfleet Command) authored Testament, bringing his extensive experience to bear on a truly epic project. Artist Sam Wood, best known for his work on the new edition of Dungeons & Dragons, provided the gripping cover painting and will contribute interior art as well.

“Whatever your religious beliefs,” adds Pramas, “you can’t deny that the Bible is full of great stories. Game books make use of real world mythology all the time, but shy away from embracing the most important myth cycle of the Western world. Testament brings the Biblical Era to life, letting you experience the wonders and dangers of the ancient world.”

Testament is part of Mythic Vistas, Green Ronin's new line of campaign settings. Mythic Vistas includes historical, legendary, and fictional settings suitable for d20 campaign play. Skull & Bones, due out this March, is the first Mythic Vistas release.

Product Details:

Testament: Roleplaying in the Biblical Era
A Mythic Vistas Campaign Setting for the d20 System
GRR1019
MSRP: $29.95
ISBN: 0-9726756-2-0
Written by Scott Bennie
Cover by Sam Wood
224 pages, perfect bound

The world of the Bible comes to life in this campaign setting for the d20 System. Play a wandering Babylonian magus, a sorcerer in the service of Pharaoh, a Canaanite maker of idols, or a prophet of the God of Israel. Walk the streets of ancient Jerusalem, stand beside King David as one of his Mighty Men, smite Philistines, ponder the mysteries of gargantuan tombs, look upon the dwellings of the gods, and battle demons, dragons, plagues, and the legendary beasts of Babylon. Testament gives you everything you need to immerse yourself in the Biblical Era, including a dozen new classes, over 30 new monsters, over 50 new feats, and over 100 new spells; rules for barter, curses, piety, and for running mass combat in a mythic age; and guidelines for leading a small tribe through the hazards of the Bronze and Iron Age world. Part history, part mythology, Testament is the d20 System setting that's both instantly familiar and yet unlike any game world you have ever experienced. Now you can be a part of the greatest story ever told!

Green Ronin Publishing is a d20 System pioneer. Its adventure Death in Freeport was released on the same day as the 3E Player’s Handbook and went on to win the Origins Award for Best Roleplaying Adventure of 2000. Since then Green Ronin has led the pack of d20 companies, with acclaimed products such as Legions of Hell and the Book of the Righteous, and blazed the OGL trail with its hit superhero RPG Mutants & Masterminds. Point your browser to www.greenronin.com for more info.

Green Ronin Media Contact
Nicole Lindroos
nicole@greenronin.com

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Please tell me you're sending a review copy to Jack Chick...

(seriously, sounds great. As does the Mythic Vistas series - Avalanche Press really needs competition in the historical d20 department)

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
trancejeremy said:
(seriously, sounds great. As does the Mythic Vistas series - Avalanche Press really needs competition in the historical d20 department)

I hope that GR covers will be more accurate, and content more playtested, and layout better, and... :D

uv23

First Post
Sounds tasty. This will probably be one of those campaign settings I pick up as a fun read rather than as anything I'd actually play. Whe is it due out?

d20Dwarf

Explorer
smetzger said:
This sounds really good. Along with
http://www.earth1066.com/main.htm

We should be able to have some good settings inspired by real world history.

Will any modules be published for your setting?

Don't forget the crusades-era England of Sherwood d20. :)

Also, I'm excited about Testament, I have been since I heard it was in development. Hopefully it will open up some minds as well as be a fun roleplaying setting.

Last edited:

Pramas

Explorer
smetzger said:
Will any modules be published for your setting?

Probably not. Our strategy for Mythic Vistas is to release each setting in one or two books. You'll likely see support in places like our website and the EN magazine, but we don't want to fall into the trap of continuously supporting a bunch of lines whose audience is limited to those who bought the associated campaign settings. Trying to support a bunch of campaign settings all at once is one of the things that caused TSR to go into a death spiral and we prefer a life spiral. :)

Remove ads