• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Greyhawk - Return of the Slavelords! Part 1

wysiwyg

First Post
Lorien, Human Ranger

ooc: I agree about the skull.
"Why not put that new flail to good use Geena, here's a most fitting practice shot, " Lorien places the skull near Geena.

Karl Green

First Post
[occ]Assuming the Geenaa smashes the skull helm with the flail, it is easily broken; but the flames don't come on as it were. Verrick notes that there is the word "Dagons' Wrath" written in Draconic on the head of the flail.

What is the groups next step?

djrdjmsqrd

First Post
Defrel, Male Human, Thief

"Well all, it is early in the day still, let us gather up the plonder and press on..."

Slow to move this group...

johnsemlak

First Post
Philo - Human Paladin

"I agree with those who say we should press on. The rest of you can divide these spoils amongst yourselves later; our primary task is to help the villagers.

However, we are weak from today's battle. We should be extra cautious
"

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

"Geena, I notice some arcane writing on the flail. It says 'dragons wrath' in draconic. Perhaps that phrase activates it." Verrick takes a moment to give her the proper pronunciation in Draconic. "It might work," he says with a shrug.

"I have a potion here that might be of some small healing help to you Defrel, its not much, but I will share it gladly with you."

ooc: Verrick offers Defrel a potion of cure light wounds.

"Before we go we should thing about the other items. I don't know who can benefit, but why carry around something that might save a life. I cannot use the armor or shield, but I would like to try the ring and see if I can discover its power through use. If I discover its purpose I will reveal it before any final accounting of the treasure is done. Would anyone try the armor or the shield?"

Someone

Adventurer
"I have no use for them. I prefer the one I blessed with Trithereon´s strenght. And I prefer not to use things I don´t know what they do. But if you want to test the ring..." Norbac shrugs, clutching the spear.

Rayex

First Post
Geenaa - Barbarian

Feeling quite satisfied with how the flail felt while smashing the skull, she listen closely to Verricks instructions.
Again she tries to swing the flail, but this time in open air, saying "Dagons Wrath." the way Verrick taught her.

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Lorien, Human Ranger

"I too have no use for such heavy armor or shield. But it might be worth a fortune for some noble who can afford it."
Lorien strips the dead priest of the armor and shield, and loads it on the horse he was riding.

Karl Green

First Post
[occ] Just as a note it is "Dagon" not dragon, not a misprint ;)[/occ]

With the words "Dagon's Wrath" the head of the flail in Geenaa's hand burst into flame... the weapon is well balanced and seems like a fine weapon. It is one-handed weapon, but one could use two hands with it if they wanted to (Damage is 1d8, one-handed, and is at least a +1 weapon, along with "Flame" that does an extra 1d6 fire damage)

Advancing up to the gate of the fort, there seems to be nothing amiss, but the first person through seems to vanish before the groups' eyes! But it is an illusion, those who have passed through the gate can look back and see the others fine, but those looking into the gate see only an empty entryway. There is some strong magic at work here...

Once the group has assembled in the courtyard, they see a large wagon, with heavy iron reinforced wheels. To the east side of the courtyard there are two large creatures hobbled near a water and grain troughs. The creatures look like a cross between huge horses and maybe mountain goats. They have two large straight, black horns on their heads, and their hides are shaggy and thick. They snort and continue eating and drinking, ignoring the party.

There are old broken stairs leading up to the tops of the walls near by, but they look rather shaky and no evidences of recent use. Directly in front of the group and behind the wagon is the main fort building, a squat structure of maybe three levels, with the four towers rising up out of it like some dark horns into the sky. There is a set of heavy oaken double doors at the top of a short flight of stairs. It is the only door visible on the building that can be seen here.

Other then the two giant goat like beasts, there is nothing else stiring that the party can see...

Remove ads