Greyhawk - Return of the Slavelords! Part 1

Karl Green

First Post
Lorien looks around at the disturbed ground...
Survival roll 10 +12 =22
...and sees that it looks like those with bare feet went straight forward, under the balcony.

Moving forward quietly, the group moves towards the hallway that comes to a crossway hallway. Lorien, with arrow nocked, peers around the corner and can hear down one of the hallways some crying and sobbing. Looking he can see partway into a large room a number of people sitting on the floor all wearing chains around their legs and necks. They are dirty and looking down, crying softly.

Suddenly a voice from around the corner (out of sight of the whole group) says "You have two choices here you fools... surrender or watch all of these people die! Nothing you can do will stop my from killing them if you do not throw down your weapons, remove your armor and all rings, wands, potions, headbands, amulets, footwear, gloves, anything but your loin cloths. Resist and you will succeed in only killing of this poor innocent farms and children. You will not harm my before they all die. And people no tricks... I will detect all magic, invisibility, illusions, dimensional sifting or any other ideas that you might have. I will kill them and escape. Oh and did I mention that a small army from local baron are on their way here to 'arrest' you all. So foolish... "

Whomever is speaking is out of sight of Lorien, and could be farther in the room. Actions?

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
A sudden wave of anger nearly overcomes Norbac, but a thought cools him. He laughs slightly with a growl-like sound and shows his yellow tusks "We greet the mighty sorcerer that hides behind children" says. "Somehow, we like our weapons and armor and all rings, wands, potions, headbands, amulets, footwear, gloves, in fact everything including our loin cloths where they, thanks. See, you must the one that there, outside the keep, let the priest die without help and did nothing when we were badly wounded and a spell or two could have killed us all. I wonder why."

"Since you so a nice fellow, I don´t think we need to kill you. I´ll let you go. But I swear to Trithereon that if you touch any of the farmers, you´ll join your not so close friend, the headless priest."

Last edited:

johnsemlak

First Post
Philo - Human Paladin

Philo nods in agreement with Norbec

No, wicked sorceror, it is YOU you have two choices: Continue your acts of cruelty and condem yourself to eternal torment, which you WILL suffer, or release the prisoners and begin your path towards redemption. Show yourself, and release your prisoners now

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
"Ha ha ha, little heroes playing their word games. They mean nothing to me. No matter what happens next I will not die here and there is nothing you fools can do about it. Now I will tolerate no futher delay. Surrend or these innocent die. I will not say it again!"

Actions?

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

"Now hold on here less not do anything hasty, I'm putting my bow down." Verrick drops bow and arrow noisily to the floor...and begins to take out two thunderstones using sleight of hand.

ooc: Sleight of hand check (16)+6=22

Someone

Adventurer
"Philo, you more convicing. Repeat nobody has to die and that we´ll let him go" whispers Norbac. "I think he just afraid and not very smart"

wysiwyg

First Post
Lorien, Human Ranger

Karl Green said:
Lorien, with arrow nocked, peers around the corner and can hear down one of the hallways some crying and sobbing.....Suddenly a voice from around the corner (out of sight of the whole group) says..."Whomever is speaking is out of sight of Lorien, and could be farther in the room. Actions?
Lorien tries to discern (listen check) whether the voice of their opponent is coming from the same direction as the prisoners.

Remove ads