Greyhawk - Return of the Slavelords! Part 1

Karl Green

First Post
Lorien looks over the tracks around the wagon...
Survival roll 18 +12 =30
...he sees the mix of huge draft animals, five Dire Hyena, Gnoll, Ogres and horse prints mingled around and leading up to the area. Also there are tracks of he what he would say 15-18 bare footed humans, and also 5 or 6 different booted tracks (mostly likely human also, one of the them that of the dark priest). One last set of tracks is a bit different. It is very flat and almost featureless, like a boot print, but it seems to have been made by a bare foot. It is also almost as large as an ogre print. There are only a couple of these and they stop suddenly here and there. The tracks lead up to the stone stairs and he can find some evidence here and there that they all went through the double doors...

Someone

Adventurer
"So there still raiders alive" says Norbac. "This place makes me nervous. Maybe not a stop after all. And I starting to feel as if the villagers not slaves, but..." Norbac stops, and after a couple seconds points at the doors with the spear.

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

"Yes, something strange is happening, but I fear we have come too far to give up now." Gesturing at the door with his bow, "Lets see what other surprises they have in store for us."

Karl Green

First Post
[occ] Assuming the party starts up the stairs...[/occ]

There is no sound as the group moves up the stairs. Checking the door over for traps, neither Verrick nor Defrel find any obvious ones...
Seach check for Verrick 13 +8 =21, Defrel 15 +8 =23
...nor do they hear anything when listening...
Verrick 17 +1 =18, Defrel 13 +8 =23
...the giant goat things snort some more, breaking the silence of the courtyard.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: before continuing, Norbac casts some buffs; I mentioned it previously, but I don´t know if you noticed. They were Bless, Bull´s Strenght (Geena) and Shield of Faith (Norbac). Thay´ll last 6 minutes, enough to explore a good chunk of the keep, I hope.

djrdjmsqrd

First Post
Defrel, Male Human, Thief

"Thank you Verrick," Defrel states as he takes the potion of CLW and drinks the contents, "It is grantly thanked..."

Advancing in the fort, Intresting mask they use on this... reflecting on the illusion...

"Verrick, me ready..." Defrel wishpers as they advance...

OOC: Listen, Search, Spot, and Hide as they advance. Assume Defrel has a MW Dagger out for throwing at the sign of trouble, sword on back, spear in left hand...

Karl Green

First Post
Defrel drinks the CLW potion, feeling a little of his energy and vitality returning...
Healing 3+1=4HP; now has 33HP (out of 46) remaining

[occ] I am assuming that the party is going to enter, so…[/occ]

After examining the door, and checking for any traps and listening for anything behind, Defrel pushes one of the doors open as quietly as possible...
Move Silent 14 +10 =24
…with only a slight squeaking of the hinges. Obviously the doors have not been oiled in some time.

Inside is a large waiting room, about two stories high. About 15ft in, straight ahead, a once grand staircase leaved up to a balcony on the second floor landing. The stairs look very shaky and don't look to have been used much for a long time. There is a short hallway both to the left and right side of the main door that the group has just entered. They look to leave into large room, maybe once reception or dinning rooms. Rubble is all that can be seen in them now. The dust and dirt has been disturbed by tracks of many beings walking back and forth over and through these areas for some time now. Straight ahead and below the balcony is another hallway that looks to lead deeper into the keep.

Someone

Adventurer
"Looks like they could there". Norbac scratches himself while pointing at the hallway under the balcony. He advances inside the room and looks around.

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

Verrick readies his bow and follows to support Norbac. "Lorien, can you tell which way the prisoners went?"

Remove ads