Greyhawk - Return of the Slavelords! Part 1

johnsemlak

First Post
Karl Green said:
"Ha ha ha, little heroes playing their word games. They mean nothing to me. No matter what happens next I will not die here and there is nothing you fools can do about it. Now I will tolerate no futher delay. Surrend or these innocent die. I will not say it again!"

Actions?
Philo nods to Norbec

Enough of your wicked threats! Show yourself if you indeed have the courage! Your cowardly and wicked threats from behind a wall only display your weakness and your fear of the blessed. I repeat, come out and surrender yourself NOW or face and even worse punishment!

Karl Green

First Post
No one seems to react to Verrick's slight of hands so he has the Thurderballs concealed as far as he knows.

Lorien listens for the where the voice is coming from...
Listen 6 +9 =15
...it seems to be coming from somewhat up higher in the air, maybe above the door (looking in, Lorien thinks the ceiling is pretty high in the room, maybe another 2 story room).

There is a sign from within and then the voice says "Mayhaps you take this as a game. Fine, kill two of men NOW!" to which two crossbow bolts fly down from an upper angle and into the backs of two of the men kneeling on the floor. There is lots of screaming from within and some people try to stand, while other scream and cry but over it all there is a loud shout "SILENCE! No one move or they all die! Heroes, I can do this all night if we have to, next I will start with the women, then the children. Are you ready to have their blood on your hands? You foolish taunts about life are hallow to me. Now make your decision, I grow weary of your banter"

The men shot with crossbow bolts lie on the floor bleeding. The rest of the captives are crying silently as possible...

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
Verrick Human Rogue/Wizard

"Sometimes you have only a choice of poor roads." With a grin at the others, Verrick tumbles into the room and tosses the thunderstones up where he hopes to find the sorcerer and his crossbowmen.

ooc: Tumble check (14)+8=22, Attacks with the thunderstones (19)+5=24 and (18)+5=23--throwing one from each hand and planning to get them about 20' appart for max area of effect.
Verrick will be getting out wand and sword in that order assuming he survives the round.

wysiwyg

First Post
Lorien, Human Ranger

Lorien will rush into the room where the prisoners are located. He will try rush to the back of the room where he can fire back at the snipers or the sorcerer.

djrdjmsqrd

First Post
Defrel, Male Human, Thief

Defrel uses his senes to find the source of the voice...

Gripping the dagger in his hand ready to throw...

No honor, no honor...

Someone

Adventurer
Norbac´s face contorts in a grin of fury: he´ll never understand so much evil. "Your last mistake!" growls, as he moves into the room. Trithereon´s strenght enters him at his plead, and grows into gigantic proportions.

[Cast Enlarge person on himself and enter the room, or enter the room and cast enlarge person if the door isn´t big enough]

johnsemlak

First Post
Philo - Human Paladin

Philo leaps into the room with the prisoners and quickly tryes to search out the source of the crossbow bolts. If possible, he will attack the shooters; otherwise, he will attempt to position himself between the shooters and some of the prisoners.

Karl Green

First Post
Initiative...
Philo 21
Verrick 18
Norbac and Evil guy talking 17
Crossbow men 16
Lorien 12
Geenaa 9
Defrel 7
Refleev 5

Philo quickly jumps out into the room and looks up seeing that part of the roof of the room has collapsed. There is a balcony within the room at 2nd floor, and the paladin can see four crossbow men spread out around and behind cover. Two of them are finishing reloading, while two others have bows aimed down into the crowd… (Philo could throw a dagger or jump in front of some of the slaves)

Verrick tumbles into the room, judging the best area to throw his stones and throws them perfectly between the crossbow men…
Fortitude saves for the crossbow men (DC15); 1st one 19, 2nd one 18, 3rd one natural 20! 4th one 11; I will give you a 50/50 to get it close enough to the Evil Talker (as you don't know where he is) higher misses; 37% hits him; His saving throw 19. Only one misses it!
…while one of the crossbow men screams and grabs his ears and the others are somewhat hurt they seem to be able to shrug most of the effects off.

Norbac grows to large size and starts moving into the room as…

The voice yells "Fools! Now you will all die!" When a tall gaunt man, floating in the air about 20ft off the ground near a hole in the roof appears and says "Grath oth fast!" and a mist seems to form in his hands, and then a blast of cold, snow, sheet and ice slams into the space where most of the people are and Philo and Verrick! Philo moves to protect a group of the kids…

NOTE that if you want, and Philo does NOT take his saving throw then I will allow him to cover some of the people… I will wait for you to decide before I roll damage…Verrick has a change to identify it as the bad guy casts his spell…OR if you want to think of something else (I was assuming you would have initiative on him if you want to try something funky)

Conditions…

Refleev has 46HP (out of 61)
Philo has 43 (out of 56)
Lorien has 36 (out of 50)
Geenaa has 59 (out of 80)
Norbac has 32HP (out of 56)
Verrick has 20HP (out of 28)
4 crossbow men (one defended)
One tall gaunt wizard-looking guy, floating in the air
Defrel has 29HP (out of 46)

Last edited:

wysiwyg

First Post
Lorien, Human Ranger

Lorien shoots his first arrow at the wizard at the next 2 at one of the snipers.

Wizard: Natural 20! And 13+11 (24). Damage 20.

Crossbowman:
1st Roll: 20. Damage 8
2nd Roll: 23. Damage 9

djrdjmsqrd

First Post
Defrel, Male Human, Thief

Damn it to the hells...

"Bastard!" Defrel screams as he throws a dagger (MW) at the nearest enemy....

Drawing another dagger in ready for another throw...

Remove ads