Greyhawk - Return of the Slavelords! Part 1

johnsemlak

First Post
Philo - Human Paladin
Helping the women and children survivors as much as possible, Philo offers blessings to the survivors and prays for the souls of hte dead.

In private, he swears to avenge the villagers who were killed by this cowardly, mad wizards.

OOC: Have a good trip, Karl Green!

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Same for me; have a good month. IC, Norbac feels really bad for all the carnage, and after swearing that he´ll have the wizard´s head on his spear some day, he offers the villagers a part of his share of the gold to start again, his help to teach them how to properly wield a weapon, and the few teachings of Trithereon he knows.

wysiwyg

First Post
Lorien, Human Ranger

Lorien will give 50gp to Dame Messalina for each of the children and try and find them suitable accomodations. He will ask Arianrhod to check up on them from time to time.

Karl Green

First Post
[occ] hehe yep a whole MONTH ;) my in-laws live in the Philippines and my wife and I go back once or twice a year, on the off season (cause Christmas and the Summer air-line tickets are really expensive, while off season is really cheap...[/occ]

XP for Part 1 - 3650XP

Returning to the castle the heroes will be invited to stay over and rest and research. The magical items recovered include the following...

dull black Full-Plate Armor +2 (worth 5,650gp)
Ruby ring of Protection +2 (worth 8,000gp)
Flail (one-handed) +1 flaming (worth 8,308gp)

The ledger looks to be writing in some kind of code, it will take some time to break it.
The journals are written in Draconic, and are also in some bit of code but Verrick and make them out. It takes a couple of weeks to get all the info, but from it he learns the following…
1. The dark priest's name was on Marlus dar'Moth
2. He talks a lot about "my dark lord that slumbers in the mountains, asleep on a bed of gems". This seems to be his god, but no one has ever heard of said god before. No are there any references with the Dame library.
3. He refers to his master within the order who taught him the ways of the 'drake of the earth' and who sent him out to acquire slaves and subjects for 'sacrifice' (there is no mention of this masters name but he is referred to often).
4. He talks about the Six as the 'lords that have been reborn to rule'. His master is one of these 'Six' and seems to lead them (at least Marlus thinks so). In another passage, you also find reference to these people as the 'Lords of the throne of Pomarj.
5. The other members are not really talked about much although he seems to hold two in rather low regard. The first of these is a member of those 'cursed red monks' and the other is tainted by Orc-blood.
6. It also talks about the 'raiders of the yellow sail' will be a force for the world for fear. These raiders where to meet them somewhere in the Blight Desert it was to pick up the villagers that they grabbed. It never gives a location but he names the place 'the Hidden Bay' and something about the 'Caves of Shadows'.

Verrick also can do some research into the dark wizard and with talking with Lorien (and what he say when he shot the mage), it takes a while but is has a strong suspicion that the wizard was really an Ogre Magi. There are legends of one operating in and around the Mist Swamps and the western Blight Desert for the last 100 years… could this be the same one? He is referred to as 'terror of children' and the 'dark of winter'. He call sign as it were, is living frozen dead bodies, killing for sport and pleasure.

Arianrhod continues to come out to the Castle of call on the Dame and 'just happens to run into' Lorien a couple of times.

wysiwyg

First Post
OOC: Treasure

The net worth of the loot (including the worth of the magical items) is roughly 22,478gp (cash: 520gp, items: 21,958gp).

Which means we should each be entitled to approx 3,211gp.

I suggest the following:
If anyone wants an item it should come out of their ongoing loot account. We'll keep a tab on the amount of treasure each PC gets. In the future, the PC with the lowest tab gets to choose their item first. If items are not chosen then they will be sold and divided equally amongst the PCs (taking the ongoing tab into account).

eg. If Geena wants the flail (8,308gp) then she get's the flail and has 8,308gp on her tab.

I'm assuming that the ring will not be sold and that the full plate will. However takes the ring will have a 8,000gp tab.

The remaining party members will receive 1,542gp each and have a like amount on their tab.

Now let's say we find 4,000gp in item value or hard gold, then the 4PC's who got the lower cash value would get 1,000gp each, bringing their tab up to 2,542gp.

What do you think?

Rayex

First Post
wysiwyg said:
OOC: Treasure

The net worth of the loot (including the worth of the magical items) is roughly 22,478gp (cash: 520gp, items: 21,958gp).

Which means we should each be entitled to approx 3,211gp.

I suggest the following:
If anyone wants an item it should come out of their ongoing loot account. We'll keep a tab on the amount of treasure each PC gets. In the future, the PC with the lowest tab gets to choose their item first. If items are not chosen then they will be sold and divided equally amongst the PCs (taking the ongoing tab into account).

eg. If Geena wants the flail (8,308gp) then she get's the flail and has 8,308gp on her tab.

I'm assuming that the ring will not be sold and that the full plate will. However takes the ring will have a 8,000gp tab.

The remaining party members will receive 1,542gp each and have a like amount on their tab.

Now let's say we find 4,000gp in item value or hard gold, then the 4PC's who got the lower cash value would get 1,000gp each, bringing their tab up to 2,542gp.

What do you think?

Sorry for the slow reply, EnWorld and my pc havnt agreed the last week...

As for the treasure, that sounds fine by me. As for the flail, I dont want it. I could use the full plate however!

Have a great trip Karl! Enjoy it!

wysiwyg

First Post
Rayex said:
As for the treasure, that sounds fine by me. As for the flail, I dont want it. I could use the full plate however!
I don't mind, whatever item you want, but can you use it (barbarian - heavy armor)?

Someone

Adventurer
The problem I see is that we don´t really have 22478 gp, since items are sold for half value. Suppose nobody wants any item: we then get 11500 gp (11499, to be precise). We should start with that; actually I think the method in the PHB to be the most appropiate.

Remove ads