Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3

S'mon

Legend
It was definitely a flawed film, but it was a real film. A bar that even Spiderman: No Way Home, the best of the rest of post-Endgame MCU, didn't meet IMO - NWH was more of a really well done exercise in fanservice. I said after watching it that GoG3 felt like a fond farewell to the MCU, for both director and audience.

Last edited:

S'mon

Legend
Again, not a plot hole. Let me put this in gamer terms for ya. It's the scene where the high level PCs get to look and feel awesome by wading through mooks.

They were obviously playing Savage Worlds or D6 System and spending their Hero Points or Bennies. :LOL:

I liked that fight a lot, the slow-mo bits meant I could actually follow what was happening. I would have disliked it in Star Wars, because Star Wars is not a superhero genre (I disliked the Vader scene at the end of Rogue 1) but for a superhero film it was fine. Given that the GoG are an experienced team of (lowish power) superheroes working together, I'd say it required less suspension of disbelief than Harley Quinn slaughtering squads of soldiers in The Suicide Squad.

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
Finally saw it today after seeing no reviews and I don't think all of the trailers. Because of that, and knowing it was the last one, there were a few spots I wasn't sure if they would have someone important actually die. I don't think I've had that feeling in a comic/comic book movie in quite a while and it was nice even if all the main characters lived.

Thought it was a spectacular send off!

The Quill jump failure at the end should have been shorter.

Remove ads