• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3

MarkB

Legend
Is it just me, or do the Guardians' new uniforms bear a striking resemblance to the Pre-Mor security uniforms in Andor?

new-mcu-guardians-of-the-galaxy-costumes-explained-featured.jpg

andor-trivia-302_19350ffc.jpeg

pukunui

Legend
OK this movie is an emotional rollercoaster. I don't think I've ever cried that much during a movie before. And it wasn't all sad crying. Happy, sad, bittersweet, poignant, etc.

There's a photosensitive trigger warning at the start of the film, but there should probably be trigger warnings for animal cruelty and body horror as well. While I really enjoyed this film, I did feel that there were times where it was unnecessarily gross -- like the depiction of a person freezing to death in space, which was a lot more visceral and gross than the depictions of people freezing to death in space in the first two Guardians films.

It does a great job wrapping up the Guardians' story while still leaving the door open for some future appearances.

But yeah, prepare to be emotionally wrung dry by the time the credits roll.

Is the High Evolutionary meant to be a Kang variant? He looks and acts a bit like one, and it’s already well established that variants don’t all have to be played by the same actor.

Last edited:

Ryujin

Legend
OK this movie is an emotional rollercoaster. I don't think I've ever cried that much during a movie before. And it wasn't all sad crying. Happy, sad, bittersweet, poignant, etc.

There's a photosensitive trigger warning at the start of the film, but there should probably be trigger warnings for animal cruelty and body horror as well. While I really enjoyed this film, I did feel that there were times where it was unnecessarily gross -- like the depiction of a person freezing to death in space, which was a lot more visceral and gross than the depictions of people freezing to death in space in the first two Guardians films.

It does a great job wrapping up the Guardians' story while still leaving the door open for some future appearances.

But yeah, prepare to be emotionally wrung dry by the time the credits roll.

Is the High Evolutionary meant to be a Kang variant? He looks and acts a bit like one, and it’s already well established that variants don’t all have to be played by the same actor.
No, The high Evolutionary is his own character and responsible for the existence of various Immortals and supers. It looks like they're sticking with the aesthetic that Jack Kirby is famous for, so there will be a pretty distinct silhouette to many characters.

Remove ads