Halfling God of Travel?

Wik

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Sorry, I thought Uncle Spider was just a flavorful addition to the faith of Mongrel. Much like adding a city to the map, or putting a new NPC in your character's BG, I don't think we need approval to add a specific saint to Mongrel's faith. If we were changing the domains, yes, or restricting it to halflings, yes, or changing any rules at all, yes, we'd need judges approval, to make sure the rule was balanced. But as there are no rules being changed here, no official approval should be necessary, right?

Yeah, that was kind of what I was thinking. Originally, Uncle Spider's domains were going to be Travel, Luck, and Chaos, I believe. But Mongrel's collection is actually probably a bit better, so I figured I'd just make a cleric of mongrel, and change things around a bit to fit my original character concept.

To be sure, Uncle Spider is really just a semi-mythical figure that had loose connections to Mongrel. Halflings worship him, as a manifestation (a more kindly version, to be sure) of Mongrel himself. But they do make the connection that when they pray to uncle spider, they're also praying to Mongrel. It's really just a cosmetic change.

Boddynock

First Post
Wik said:
It's really just a cosmetic change.
Then, so long as that's made clear wherever Uncle Spider is written up (Wiki, boards, wherever ...), there's no problem, is there? As far as I can see, it would be on a par with the world extension which comes from the summary of a particular DM's adventure.

Remove ads