Halo the series...spoilers

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Has anyone seen it on Paramount +?

I enjoyed it. The opening battle scene was pretty good. While it clearly had a large budget, it seems at time, like a cheap web series. I'm intrigued enough to stick with it. I'm a fan of the Halo games and universe. I hope works out.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I've never played any of the games. I don't know whether that's an advantage or not (I'd never played Witcher either, thought it was OK).

Has anyone seen it on Paramount +?

I enjoyed it. The opening battle scene was pretty good. While it clearly had a large budget, it seems at time, like a cheap web series. I'm intrigued enough to stick with it. I'm a fan of the Halo games and universe. I hope works out.
Well, they are going with what they are calling Sliver timeline in an effort not to basically be a live-action version of the first game or the Fall of Reach book.

The development of this series goes back over 10 yrs and ties in with the making of District 9.

The differences are striking to me because I've played the game and read the books. I'm going to keep watching to see the story and what other differences there are.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
How does it tie in to District 9?

I tried reading a Halo book once. I couldn't even finish it. It was dreadful. There was an entity called the didactic or something.

Mallus

Legend
I thought the first episode was surprisingly pretty good.

I felt like the colonists in the opening were going to slip into Belter slang any minute and kept waiting for the one admiral woman to unleash a torrent of curse words. Which count as positives because you could do worse than taking inspiration from The Expanse adaptation.

It looks like its going to be partly a political thriller? I'm okay with that. Also, were there humans in the Covenant in the games?

Janx

Hero
It didn't start out like what I remember from the game, which is to be expected.

it did setup Spartans and our guy 117 to be jerkholes. I don't recall that from the games, though there wasn't a lot of non-military interaction.

It also reframed Captain Keyes to be a jerkhole willing to kill a kid.

Not quite motivated to cheer for humanity after this episode.

"We're referring to this as the Halo Silver Timeline as a way of differentiating it from core canon. And both protecting core canon and protecting the television story, and by that I mean being able to give ourselves the chance to evolve both and for both to be what they need to be for their mediums without colliding with each other."

Read More: Halo's Silver Timeline Explained

Remove ads