Halo the series...spoilers

Ixal

Hero
Distancing itself from the games is basically a must as the game suffers from the common curse of successful series (deserved or not) of there being too many spinoffs and sequels for the story, so they had to invent several more universe threatening enemies that only the main character can stop. How many of those did Halo had by now? 3?
And now they are basically back at square one with the story only that they changed out the main alien race they are fighting.

I thought the first episode was surprisingly pretty good.

I felt like the colonists in the opening were going to slip into Belter slang any minute and kept waiting for the one admiral woman to unleash a torrent of curse words. Which count as positives because you could do worse than taking inspiration from The Expanse adaptation.
Considering the relationship between the admiral and Halsey in the books, I was surprised that Admiral Parangosky didn't just start chewing Halsey out and backstabbing her. But it's one episode, so maybe the backstabbing will still happen?

Yes, but now its not a Prophet/Elite lead covenant but a Brute lead covenant faction thing. Rest is the same.
ill have to watch it again, but I don't recall any brutes unless you're mistaking the new look they are using for the elites in the 1st episode if is a brute then that means that the prophets elevated them earlier than in the games, and books.

EDIT: yeah I think you're mistaking the new look for the elites with how brutes look. As an aside they even had the "wort wort wort" sound from the game, which was a nice touch lol

Ixal

Hero
ill have to watch it again, but I don't recall any brutes unless you're mistaking the new look they are using for the elites in the 1st episode if is a brute then that means that the prophets elevated them earlier than in the games, and books.

EDIT: yeah I think you're mistaking the new look for the elites with how brutes look. As an aside they even had the "wort wort wort" sound from the game, which was a nice touch lol
Maybe I am not up to date with the latest resets they made in order to stretch the story out even more but isn't the current covenant lead by Atriox, a brute, Atriox and just a splinter faction of the real covenant? Or have they reset really everything (including Cortana) in order to start the milking process all over again?

Maybe I am not up to date with the latest resets they made in order to stretch the story out even more but isn't the current covenant lead by Atriox, a brute, Atriox and just a splinter faction of the real covenant? Or have they reset really everything (including Cortana) in order to start the milking process all over again?
What was the last game you actually played?

Game-wise and book-wise there isn't any more covenant, it's all splinter groups and offshoots.

Whilst the Covenant ended either during the Flood infestation of High Charity or during the Battle of the Citadel, new splinter groups that continue the efforts of the former Covenant were created after the conclusion of the war. Some of the separatist Sangheili sought to recreate the Covenant entirely under Sangheili rule, free of the Hierarch's influence. A splinter faction of Sangheili known as Jul 'Mdama's Covenant was created by Jul 'Mdama; this terrorist group is deemed hostile to Humanity, breaking the truce formed with the Sangheili Fleet of Retribution at the end of the war.

Other hostile factions that utilize assets from the former Covenant include Vata 'Gajat's faction, Merg Vol's faction, and The Banished, which existed prior to the Great Schism.

The Banished are a mercenary group lead by the Jiralhanae warlord Atriox. The Banished have their origins in the late Covenant empire, having broken away after many Jiralhanae were needlessly sacrificed in battle to further the Great Journey. The logo of the Banished is called the Mark of Atriox.

As For Cortana
she's dead having sacrificed herself to stop Atriox from firing the ring and using her
what you get in Halo Infinite is called The Weapon and is a "dumb" A.I. compared to Cortana'

Remove ads