• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hand of Evil's Poser Art: Updated 2006.Dec.15

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Meloncov said:
I like the new lance. Apart from that and the pose, is anything different?

Thanks,
Meloncov
Well, the skin is darker but that is hard to tell, same for the blue. Also made some very minor facial changes, trying to define the cheekbones.

defcombeta

First Post
nice poser work,

i have a few comments if you dont mind, in each one the camera angle is more or less the same, try playing around with some tighter angles etc , drop the camera down to an extreme etc, add in some HDR lighting etc

some imperfection in the textures , the skin for one is important to break up the smooth perfect finish, try some matting of the surfact in limited amounts , it should help break things up, do it as a after effect in photoshop if needs be ( it can be quicker from the 3d what the 3d heads i know talk about) this can alos apply to the surface shape of things like the spawn of evil etc , perfect smooth shapes can look unnatural even with metal.

the other is the amount of folliage in the peices , dont be afraid to " over do it" since you can always pull a few of the fiber objects or leaf objects after wards.

please dont take what i say as negative , i like what i see but i think it can be pushed farther and each step forward is a good one in my mind at least.

keep up the work.

j mac

Meloncov

First Post
Looking good. Is their any way you could add thicker sections of leather on her legs? It's looking like rather wimpy protection as is.

Thanks,
Meloncov

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
defcombeta said:
nice poser work,

i have a few comments if you dont mind, in each one the camera angle is more or less the same, try playing around with some tighter angles etc , drop the camera down to an extreme etc, add in some HDR lighting etc

some imperfection in the textures , the skin for one is important to break up the smooth perfect finish, try some matting of the surfact in limited amounts , it should help break things up, do it as a after effect in photoshop if needs be ( it can be quicker from the 3d what the 3d heads i know talk about) this can alos apply to the surface shape of things like the spawn of evil etc , perfect smooth shapes can look unnatural even with metal.

the other is the amount of folliage in the peices , dont be afraid to " over do it" since you can always pull a few of the fiber objects or leaf objects after wards.

please dont take what i say as negative , i like what i see but i think it can be pushed farther and each step forward is a good one in my mind at least.

keep up the work.

j mac
Thank you, appreciate the feed back. will give them a try, I try to play around with the different aspects and extremes but find, I go to a comfort zone.

Meloncov

First Post
Perhaps soften the cheek bones a bit? As is, it creates very large, somewhat flat cheeks.

I feel bad setting a deadline for a request, but do you think you could finish this up by Friday or early Saturday? I'd like to be able to print and frame a copy as a Christmas present to one of my players. If you don't have much more time to work on it this weeks, I'd be more than happy with the models as-is. Thanks.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Meloncov said:
Perhaps soften the cheek bones a bit? As is, it creates very large, somewhat flat cheeks.

I feel bad setting a deadline for a request, but do you think you could finish this up by Friday or early Saturday? I'd like to be able to print and frame a copy as a Christmas present to one of my players. If you don't have much more time to work on it this weeks, I'd be more than happy with the models as-is. Thanks.
should be able to spend time on the face thursday evening.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I swear there are differances to these images, the t002 face has cheeks sunken and a wider jaw but after render I just don't see it! The zip file is uncompressed copies.

Remove ads