• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hands of Fate - Chapter 1 - The Orbs of Insight

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
In The Grove

While the throbbing on your side ceases, you feel the power of Pelor as it flows through your body. The wound immediately stops bleeding, and your breathing has returned to normal. (Rolled 4+1=5 HP restored)
Gathering your shield, and intent on finding out what is in the burrow, you continue down the hole. You get to about halfway down before you hear the noises again, but louder. It does sound like another animal, but not as ferocious as the wolverine you just dealt with. Until you reach the end, you can not see what lies after the levelling off of the burrow.

Temujin

First Post
Mugen grins over at Jean as their companion retreats down the burrow once more. "I have no doubt that this creature would make good meat," He states, referring to Jeans earlier comment about destroying the beast. "But it might be kinda fun, - " He says playfully, bending down and nudging the wolverine with a nearby stick. " - You know... As a pet."

Mugen motions to the large weasel on the ground. "It's up to you."

"Mr. goody goody is gone, so you could accidently 'slip' your sword in between its ribs." He states solemnly. "It does happen, you know."

Moments later, his serious look disappears as he sticks his tongue out in concentration and attempts to get the stick in the wolverine's nose.

Last edited:

Krug

Newshound
"Why is it called death room?" asks Nyela. "What about this talking rock? What other creatures live in these caves?"

wysiwyg

First Post
Hesseroph[color=royalblue said:
"Perhaps this beast is, perhaps this beast is not. The situation has changed. There are creatures further in the cave still. I fear this beast was simply guarding it's young. I think we should return with this creature and let Maximo judge if this is the creature we seek. I dont think it is but we still can't leave it hear to perhaps attack farmers who wander too close. Its not a far trek back to the keep, bind the creature and place a sack over its head. While you two do that I'll check out the cave further. I shall return."[/color].
"We cannot leave here before we go to the farm as Maximo instructed. Maximo never asked us to bring him a wolverine. He did ask us to go to the farm. That is our primary objective. This little animal has already taken too much of our time. We have no more time for this." Jean kills the wolverine and heads towards the farmstead.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Krug said:
"Why is it called death room?" asks Nyela. "What about this talking rock? What other creatures live in these caves?"
OOC - Nyela doesn't know Draconic, co she is a bit lost, unless Darius or Gray Sparrow want to let her know what the Kobold is saying.....

D'Amico Vega

First Post
OOC: I'm not going to translate from Draconic to common...yet. But I will after an agreement is made.

Draconic: "Give us information about this room, and if it is of significance, then we may *POSSIBLY* spare you."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
In The Grove:

Jean draws his sword, raises it above his head, and slices deep into the creature. The blood flows freely, and the twitching begins. The wolverine curls itself up instinctively, while you watch. You can see the faint light in the entrance to the burrow, but see nothing else or hear nothing else inside from Ghin.

OOC - Waiting for Ghin, as he would be needed to post his reactions to what he sees/hears.

In the Cave:

Darius begins a series of yelps and grunts, to the creature now cowering before you all. The creature only responds with similar dialect, but both seem to know what they are doing. Gray Sparrow also listens to the two converse.

Gray Sparrow and Darius:
In DRACONIC: "Death room is ahead. I not go there! Bones litter floor and something lives there. Sneaky creature! Climbs walls and waits. I not go in! You go!"

The leader kobold is still moving, apparently it is still alive and only unconscious.

OOC - So where is everyone???

Drakknyte32

First Post
OOC:
Still here. Just not a lot for me to do in this conversation.

Kevin notices the Kobald leader stirring and decides to restrain him. Seeing that he doesn't have any rope he decides to improvise and sits on the kobald, careful not to hurt it any more but stopping it from moving.

Krug

Newshound
Nyela will help tie up the kobold leader. She waits for the others who can speak with the beastie to see what to do next.

Remove ads