• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hands of Fate - Chapter 1 - The Orbs of Insight

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
In the Cave

Darius moves near enough to the Kobolds to get their attention, and as that split second draws them to him, Gray Sparrow lets loose her well practiced kick, crushing the ribs of the Kobold leader, as it falls to the ground, breathing with great pain. It is now disabled. (Rolled 15+3+1Inspire=19 HIT, 4 Damage) Seeing this, the other kobold immediately drops its weapons, and cowers on the ground, waiting for the inevitable. Nedander moves nearer to the fight, to L5, and sees the downed kobolds.

The kobold starts yapping, and while Kevin and Nedander wonder what is going on, Darius and Gray Sparrow make out the words with little effort. The Kobold is speaking in Draconic, saying, "Ssspare me! Don't kill Sleth! Please..."

OOC - Battle done. Good job guys! The Kobold has thrown down its weapons, while the others are dying. Let me know what you do with the cowering Kobold. By the way, nice kick Gray Sparrow! I like the naming of your attacks, lol.

Attachments

• Battle1.jpg
    Battle1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
In the Grove

Mugen, seeing that the creature has no intention of backing down, immediately heads out of the tunnel, with the creature hot on his trail. Moving away from the entrance, Mugen stops 15 feet away, leaving enough space to prevent the creature from going back into the hole. While this is happening, Jean moves back out of the way, out of the burrow, and to the side, waiting for the creature to show itself. Mugen waits on the other side of the entrance, ready to wrestle this creature to the ground if he can.

As the creature exits, the others finally see the creature in all of its might. While the others only see a very stout creature, with sharp claws and menacing teeth, Jean realizes that this is much more than a badger. It is the more ferocious Wolverine. Knowing this, Jean also realizes that it is now in a frenzy, and will not stop until it kills its opponent or it is dead itself.

Siezing the opportunity, Jean manages to swipe at the creature, as its attention is focused solely on Ghin. With a quick thrust, his lightblade strikes into the Wolverine, as it is barely phased by the minor cut. (Rolled 8+6=14 Hit for 6 Damage)

Mugen, also wanting to get in on the action, lunges himself at the creature, and tries wrap his arms around the muscled beast. In dong so, the creature frantically flails about, growling loudly. Mugen ignores this and manages to maneuver himself into a good position, with his strong arms wrapped tightly around the creatures neck from behind. With a tight squeeze, he hears the creatures gasp for breath, halt, and then resume. (Rolled 19+7=26 for Grapple Check, opposed by creature's 11+6=17 Mugen manages to successfully grapple the creature, for 7 points of damage)

OOc - First round over. Mugen was in B4, before grappling the creature, who is now in C3. Ghin is at C2 and Jean at D4. Only Jean knows of the creature and its mannerisms, so act accordingly.

New Initiatives due to dealyed reactions and Current HP's
Jean 10/10
Ghin 10/10
Creature - Slightly Hurt
Mugen 8/8

Attachments

• GroveBattle.jpg
    GroveBattle.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 68

Drakknyte32

First Post
Seeing as the battle appears over Kevin staggers over to the others. He glances at the Kobald.

"Ah it's surrendured, and it speaks our language. Good, then it can be our guide through this cave."

Kevin winces as more blood seeps out of his hastily bandaged arm.

"Or at least it can be tomorrow. I'm not really in any condition right now to continue this exploration. I seem to have gotten the worst of both the kobalds and the weasel. Even if you guys head on I desperately need to get some healing."

wysiwyg

First Post
Jean

"Don't a fool! It will not stop until it or we are dead!" Jean cries. With that, Jean lunges once more at the wolverine with his sword.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Kevin, stumbling over to where the others are, your stomach growls. Instinctively, you reach into your pack, fumbling for the rations that were given to you by the cook earlier, and take a bite. The taste is somewhat bland, but you also notice that it has a slight warming feeling to it as well. The weasels bite marks begin to close, and the bleeding immediately stops. Taking more of this food, you feel a little better, and might be able to go on for now. (You gain 4 hp from eating the rations)

OOC - I knew you were missing a cleric, and those rations are pretty good, maybe when you get back, you will find out why...IF you get back....evil grin :> You should be up to 7hp Kevin, and the others unscathed...for now....

Hesseroph

First Post
Ghin Coldstream: The force that can not be stopped!

*Ghin moves side to side attempting to keep the creatures claws off him. Dodging and weaving the sound of well oiled armor can be heard shifting under his great bulk.*

"Kill not this simple beast! *pant* It knows not its effect on the poor farmers. Bring it down but alive! Maximo can tame this beast! *pant* Think of the glory and good it shall bring!"

#Ghin is attempting to draw its attention away from the others allowing it to focus its attacks on him. If the creature is wrapped up with Mugen, Ghin will attack as normal. If the creature appears to be greatly wounded, He will attempt to subdue.#

Temujin

First Post
[OOC: wtf? Mugen was never in the tunnel..., I waited outside. What is going on? I am now terribly confused. Just wondering.. doesn't really matter now.]

Mugen is going to try for a pin.

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Temujin said:
[OOC: wtf? Mugen was never in the tunnel..., I waited outside. What is going on? I am now terribly confused. Just wondering.. doesn't really matter now.]

Mugen is going to try for a pin.
Jean, warning the others of the immenent danger they are in, if they don't deal with this creature quickly, moves to try and hit the creature, who is grappling Mugen. Trying not to hit either, he manages to strike out. He manages to dodge Mugen, and strikes into the creatures flank, as the creatures howls out with the sudden pain. (Rolled 13+6=19 Hit for 7 damage)

Ghin, hearing the creatures cry of pain, sees that it's life is fading. With a quick realization, he aims for the head, trying to knock the creature out instead of harming it to death. Using the blunt end of his morningstar, he attacks the creature, but nearly hits Mugen. He misses the creature, and knows that the creature's life must be spared. (Rolled 7+2=9 Miss)

The creature, enraged at the sudden attacks from more than one enemy, tries frantically to get loose, snapping and biting at the men. It tries to get free of Mugen, but both Mugen and the creture's strength seem to be well matched. (Rolled 13+6=19 for the Wolverine, and 12+7=19 for Mugen, Mugen wins. Rolled again for second attack, 10+6=16 vs 8+7=15 for Mugen. The Wolverine escaped the grapple) Free from it's attacker, the wolverine turns to bite at the human who entered its lair. Ghin manages to dodge to the side, as the sharp fangs snap into the air, missing him easily due to Ghin's taunting. (Rolled 2+1=3 for Bite)

Mugen, seeing the opportunity, strikes at the creature from behind as it tries to turn and snap at him, jumping once again on its back to try and pin the creature down before anyone else gets hurt. (Wolverine takes an AOO and rolls poorly, letting you jump him. Rolled 8+2flank+7=17, hit, Opposed Grapple checks: 21 vs. 18, Mugen loses) The wolverine is furious, making Mugen miscalculate and miss the target.

Now that the creature is free, it's attention is turned once again towards the first human that entered its lair: Ghin. Same positions as before. Please look at map. White Circles are you guys, and the orange circle is the wolverine.

Initiatives:
Jean 10/10
Ghin 5/10 (Forgot the creature hit you in the lair for 5 damage)
Wolverine Very Hurt
Mugen 8/8

OOC - Sorry if I confused you, but Ghin withdrew, like he posted he would do if the creature attacked. WHile withdrawing, you and Jean positioned yourselves next to the entrance. Doing so, the creature came out of the hole, intent on following Ghin. WHile doing so, you both incurred AOO to try and damage the creature, as it moved out of the hole. Jean hit, and you succeeded in grappling the creature. That pretty much saved Ghin, as now the creature does not threaten anyone except Mugen, since you are grappling.

wysiwyg

First Post
Jean

Jean cannot believe his friends care more about calming this animal - an impossible feat - then saving their own lives.
His conscience will not allow him to leave his friends to their doom. He attacks this creature until it is slain.

Temujin

First Post
"This thing is starting to be a pain...."

Mugen will try flanking, trying to attack it normally, but subdual dmg.

Last edited:

Remove ads