D&D (2024) Have we potentially seen the end of the OneD&D Playtest?

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
I don't think the point of review bombing would be to mess up the actual game... most people don't actually want to see that happen necessarily. Rather the survey would be an easy way for people to make their feelings on the OGL known in a place that we've been told they do indeed read. Obviously there are other ways to do so already... but taking the path of least resistance is a normal human trait and if WotC handed people a simple way of letting people comment to them in freeform blocks of texts... I'm sure some people would probably take it. Whether or not that would ultimately actually accomplish anything would be beside the point.

some will review bomb right now.
It just a vent.

Next should be little more fun:
fill in survey as normal, just rate all features opposite.
What you thing is good, give it a little worse grade, what you think is bad, give it a good rank.

let them sort it out.

It does at least show, that if you are not nice to your playtesters, they won't be helpful just becaise they love the game.

I probably will just not take the next survey. I am not that invested in paladin or druid...

Xamnam

Loves Your Favorite Game
I would certainly hope they're using some sort of data validation on these surveys. Even before this, there were going to be people who sent in data meant to disrupt the process, because, well, the internet. If folks review bomb this in the sense of just giving all Strongly Dislike, or even just all Neutral responses, I would bet those surveys get automatically thrown out, or at least marked as suspicious, and removed from the data pool before anyone looks at it.

mellored

Legend
Next should be little more fun:
fill in survey as normal, just rate all features opposite.
What you thing is good, give it a little worse grade, what you think is bad, give it a good rank.

let them sort it out.
Let's assume that works.

OGL is reversed, and the cleric is exactly the opposite of what you want to play.

Be careful of what you wish for...

Remove ads