• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack shuts the blast door and keys his comlink, "Thanks for your help R5."

After passing by the destroyed droid he only shrugs and comments to the Besalisk, "Well I was thinking that shooting it was simplest, but didn't want anyone to think I enjoyed destruction and mayhem."

He continues on, catching up to the rest of the group in the ship and grins, "Well that went well. Mir, apparently you have some talents I don't understand. And you Keyton, anyone caught using a lightsaber is big target for imperial aggression, can we assume that only a Jedi would take such as risk?"

<<300, yep, and a Hobgoblin too.
:p Unfortunately I had to use it in place where no one would really appreciate my celebration. Thanks mate.>>

Nebten

First Post
As Keyton gets into the ship and finds a seat, a smile comes across his face.

Indeed, it is said the a lightsaber is a tool of the Jedi. Of course, with the Jedi Order being hunted down like womp rats, can somebody be something that is extinct? But that was another life. I can only hope to make this new life better then the past. I just know staying on that station, my 'rebirth' was going to end very quick.

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir's brow raises as Sloor shoots up the droid and then casually follows the others up the ramp as she slings the carbine over her shoulder. She looks to Mack, amusement showing in her eyes as she replies, "We all do what we must, with what we have."[/gold]

The woman finds herself a seat as she listens to Keyton. She looks over the young man with some understanding now of their past encounter and thinks to herself that there will be interesting times ahead.

ooc: Yay us... :cool:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack, still happy with a clean victory, only gives Keyton a raised eyebrow to his talk of other lives and rebirth thinking, Eh? Maybe the Besalisk is right about him being a few starships short of a fleet, either that or I am an idiot. What the frak was he talking about? He looks to Sloor expecting some enlightenment that he is almost positive will be coming.

He greets the pilot, "Captain Okeefe. I believe we are ready to burn sky until we see lines. Do you need any assistance in the cockpit?"

<<OOC: What kind of ship are we dealing with here so I can look it up in the manuals? Also I have a few things that Mack needs to do while en route to where we are going, one of which is likely a dip in the bacta tank.>>

possum

First Post
OOC: Baudo-class yacht

"I don't need any help," the white-haired pilot says as Mack offers his assistance. She points to an RX droid going from control station to station in the cockpit. "Crash here has it all covered."

A console next to her marked "Communications" starts to blink, but the captain quickly silences it with a push of a button.

"I certainly hope that you all got done what you wanted to do down there," she says as she pilots her ship away from Brentaal's gravity well. "Because you might not want to go back there for a while..."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
After passing by the destroyed droid he only shrugs and comments to the Besalisk, "Well I was thinking that shooting it was simplest, but didn't want anyone to think I enjoyed destruction and mayhem."

"Well put," wholeheartedly agrees Sloor's hover droid. "I would also add cruel, disrespectful and dehumanizing."

"Racist,"
grumbles Sloor with a trace of actual enjoyment -- dark enjoyment, sure, but enjoyment still. He puts the hovers into full attraction reverse, thunking the sled onto the deck and securing it in place. <I have no idea if you can do this with Star Wars hover technology, so I thought I'd try it and see :) Basically turning the standard repulsion into attraction>.

"I prefer the term 'graceful lover of true intelligence and moral stability'."

"Fine, fine, lawver awf mine. What's the status awn our 'saw-frecking-cheap-I-could-cry' cargaw?" asks Sloor as he quickly slides out of the sled's control cab, one hand automatically going to the nearest handhold to brace himself in place. Evasive maneuvers are frecking likely in the very near future...

«CHECKING ON THE CARBONITE CARGO (control panel embeded in the side like Han's?)
Perception and then Mechanic skill: 1d20+9=16, 1d20=19 Whoa, Sloor has skills he never suspected. ;)

Mack, still happy with a clean victory, only gives Keyton a raised eyebrow to his talk of other lives and rebirth thinking, Eh? Maybe the Besalisk is right about him being a few starships short of a fleet, either that or I am an idiot. What the frak was he talking about? He looks to Sloor expecting some enlightenment that he is almost positive will be coming.

"It's a frecking *fine* place, saber baw," insists the besalisk, on another tack entirely. "And I dan't want any awn awf you taw in my head, you hear? That's whawlly awned private prawperty!" He glares at both of them, a touch of unease at the back of his eyes (perticularly when he looks at Mir, she of the *more than* physical powers).

"I don't need any help," the white-haired pilot says as Mack offers his assistance. She points to an RX droid going from control station to station in the cockpit. "Crash here has it all covered."

"Including the slightly disturbing monickers," agrees the almost always volubile hover droid.

"I certainly hope that you all got done what you wanted to do down there," she says as she pilots her ship away from Brentaal's gravity well. "Because you might not want to go back there for a while..."
"They see you get awt, they look awtward, Sra," mildly contradicts the big alien, now fully strapped in with TB at his feet. "Never even *think* taw search the spawt you just ran away frawm." That's been his experience anyway. "Where are you drawpping us awf?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
OOC: Baudo-class yacht
A console next to her marked "Communications" starts to blink, but the captain quickly silences it with a push of a button.
<<OOC: D'oh. Forgot, sorry.>>
Mack gives the captain a curious look of inquiry regarding the Communications, awaiting an explanation for a few moments.
TB said:
"Including the slightly disturbing monickers," agrees the almost always volubile hover droid.
Mack gives TB a smile, "Yeah, like a medical droid named butcher, eh?"

Since everyone else is grabbing a seat he will find one as well. He turns to the captain for her answer to Sloor's question before asking a few of his own, "Captain Okeefe, could I ask a few favors please? Do you have a power charger for us top off some power cells? And I do believe you mentioned something about a bacta tank. I have a pretty bad head wound here that could use some attention, if it's not too much trouble."

---------------

Once it is safe to move around, Mack heads to where the hover sled is secured to help clean up the mess and sort out the recently acquired things. He will see about body disposal and gather up the armor recovered. He will set up one suit for himself to wear later. He will examine the helmet to work out the internal sensors and comlink. He will sort through the extra power packs to ensure that he has four fully charged power packs extra and fully charged ones in his blaster rifle and a blaster carbine that he plans to keep. He will ask Sloor, "Do you have any ideas about changing the appearance or color of the trooper armor? I don't want to be confused for one of the boys in white."

He will sort out the other items into groups. One group that includes the items the group might use and another is items for definite resale.
[sblock=OOC]Not sure if we are going to make it into hyperspace without incident, but I went ahead with the second part if things are uneventful. Mack has a toolkit to work on the trooper armor if necessary, let me know if I need to make any rolls, but I would like to Take 20 if time permits. I assume Mack has to wait for Maya to finish before a dip in the bacta tanks. He can wait if we are resuming conversations with Maya first.[/sblock]

Nebten

First Post
I am sure it is a fine place to live, but with Imperials in very nook & cranny staying alive would be difficult. And don't worry about your head. What ever is in that vaccum is about as desired as a Hutt burlesque show.

Keyton goes and helps Mack with the armor and inventory detail.

The armor stands out pretty well. I think it was made to do so. Changing its color shouldn't be a problem, but if we modify it too much, it might not be functional. If anything, you can wear it where the Empire doesn't have a presence could be useful.

possum

First Post
Checking the man enclosed in carbonite, Sloor is able to see that he is surprisingly alive. Most researchers in the subject have dismissed that a humanoid could survive, but it seems to be wrong information.

"Maya's in the tank right now," she says to Mack. "We've got a day's trip to Alderaan to meet our mutual benefactor, and she's due to be out in a couple hours. After that, help yourself."

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir seems mildly amused at Sloor's comment and a wry smile crosses her face but she says nothing and remains seated. After several short moments she begins to meditate.

(Enter a force trance, take 10 on Use The Force Check (17))

Remove ads