• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Hayabusa's Dawn of Defiance: Chapter I: The Traitor's Gambit

Songdragon

Explorer
"That's a good thing I suppose." Mir says and then asks, "How are we supposed to contact our own ship, when we have completed the mission at hand? Anyway to set up a remote or such so we can access it and send our own messages?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack considers the question and looks at the comms equipment again, "Let me check, but I am not sure they use it very often. Are you thinking we try to use this to contact Captain Okeefe? She is waiting at the drop off point for us to return, there was no plan to contact her that I can remember."

With enough time going by and Verimak keeping watch, the soldier asks, "You guys want to rest and do the surgery? While I start stripping and bundling trooper armor on the rybucks."

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
"Well... plans do not always go as planned. Would be a nice option. Rather than trekking all the way back to the dropsite." She says with some hope it can be done.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Sorry for the delay, folks. I'm out in the field until wednesday (which was planed), but had to leave yesterday, a day early (which wasn't). The week after that I'm off to a conference in BC as well, so best to expect slow posting from me for the next two weeks.

Back IC:

After some initial slicing, Mack exclaims, "Woo hoo, check this out. I can increase the effectiveness of the fungi's interference. That will be effectively jamming their comms without arousing suspicions perhaps."

"They're *jammer* mushrooms?!"
News to *him*! Sloor looks at the gunky organic mess that passes for a jungle around here... "Frek, almawst feel like kissing the stuff... You'd think they'd lay dawn a land-line awr sawmething thaw." Probably a good - sharp toothed, acid speawing, tech destroying - reason why they didn't. He shuddders: frekking planets.

"Perhaps TB can do some surgery and patch up Keyton while I work."
"Surgery is a bit of an overstatement, I think." TB waits for permission from Keyton before setting about dishing out some soft-wired first aid to the wounded man.

«Take 10 = 9 point healed. Unless TB already used First Aid on Keyton today? Can't remember and no time to check... Possum? Nebten?

"Well... plans do not always go as planned. Would be a nice option. Rather than trekking all the way back to the dropsite." She says with some hope it can be done.
"Thawght you liked it awt here, Sra," teases Sloor. "Nature haw it's intended taw be marbling 'enjawed' and all that..."

"What about these troopers' gear and armor. Perhaps we can strip some and attach it to the rybucks to carry taking some with us. We might be in a hurry running away from the facility later to do any salvage."

"Lawd yours all you want, Mack man, but I ain't pissing mine awf anymawre than I have taw," declines Sloor. Profit is all well and good, but he has a sneaky suspiscion there's a lot of running away in his near future. After Mack has taken what he wants from the weapons and armor pile, the besalisk fires long and hard at it, melting the rest to slag. "Happy hunting in your delicates, friends." He strides towards his kybuck, ready to go when the others are.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack will set up the jamming unless anyone objects. Then he takes all of the blasters and rigs them into a bundle with liquid rope and a utility belt or two to secures it to his rybuck. He will rig 4 sets of undamaged stormtrooper armor into balanced bundles with utility belts to jurry-rig a saddlebag like rig for two of the rybucks.

"Alright, we can go now if you all are ready."

<<Inventory: 7 Blaster carbines, 4 sets of stormtrooper armor, 7 medpacs and 5 utility belts?>>

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Nebten

First Post
[sblock=OOC] Keyton has had TB already patch him up today in the first fight with the natives. So he's SoL for now. [/sblock]

I will just have to deal with it for now. If we are close, I would hate for us to delay any further. Let us procede.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Despite its best efforts though, and though immediate pain and disconfort do fade, TB's run of first aid doesn't seem to have a significant effect on the long term health of the patient.

«Don't have a surgery kit handy (those things are bulky to carry around). Sorry, Nebten. Maybe we'll have a chance to sleep before going on the big base assault?

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
Mir answers Sloor, "What i would not give to spend a few months here unhindered exploring the surprises that Felucia has to offer. But then, we have more important matters to take care of. Right?" She smiles at the Beaslisk.

"We need to get rid of these bodies. In case another patrol happens upon here. They may know something is up, but not what." She looks about somewhere close to stash the bodies and then will do so...

possum

First Post
OOC: You might have an opportunity to take an extended rest before being able to move on. There could be patrols in the area, however.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Mack suggests to Mir, "Keyton could cut a hole in a mushroom and we could stuff them in there."

To everyone he suggests, "Perhaps we can ask Verimak about a finding a good hiding place to rest up before we infiltrate the facility. Better to be in good fighting shape if we can spare the time."

<<Might as well accept the GM's generosity since we cannot do surgery.>>

MackSmall.jpg
Mack Granger CS

Remove ads