HD-DVD for cheap

Orius

Legend
You know, if I'm going to get a HD-DVD player on the cheap, I might as well go for broke, and see if I can pick up a Betamax VCR and an 8-track player while I'm at it. :]

John Crichton said:
DVD & VHS must have driven you crazy! The prices were higher at the start for those formats.

I seem to remember $80 VHS tapes in the mid-80s.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Orius said:
You know, if I'm going to get a HD-DVD player on the cheap, I might as well go for broke, and see if I can pick up a Betamax VCR and an 8-track player while I'm at it. :]

I seem to remember $80 VHS tapes in the mid-80s.
The first VHS release of The Terminator was $100. It was aimed at the rental places rather than the consumers.

The Auld Grump

Orius

Legend
Yeah I kind of remember the early days of VHS. When I was about 7 or so, my parents rented tapes for the first time (I think it was the LotR cartoon and the Empire Strikes Back we rented). We didn't have a VCR, so we rented one as well. This was in the days before Blockbuster, and most of the rental places were small local businesses. It was about a year or so later when my father finally got his first VCR, and I think he got it partially because he wanted to tape Star Trek reruns and watch them when there wasn't anything else on (he still does this today, whenever I visit he usually has one of his Star Trek or B5 tapes in the machine). But we didn't have pre-taped stuff early on, it was all stuff we taped off the TV.

Remove ads