He Says Nobody Can Beat His Tower

BrooklynKnight

First Post
leeann_the_lame said:
I don't know about the rest of it, but a set of rust monsters with improved invisibility cast on them work nicely for iron golems (I'm not even sure that they need improved invisibility -- is eating an attack?).

Oh course, the tricky part is capturing the rust monsters before they put a big hole in your planar cruiser.

Eating would be a bite attack. So yes its an attack.

BrooklynKnight

First Post
leeann_the_lame said:
I don't know about the rest of it, but a set of rust monsters with improved invisibility cast on them work nicely for iron golems (I'm not even sure that they need improved invisibility -- is eating an attack?).

Oh course, the tricky part is capturing the rust monsters before they put a big hole in your planar cruiser.

Eating would be a bite attack. So yes its an attack.

Krail Stromquism

First Post
are these boards doing kooky things?

They are for me.

anyway,

there are a billion and one ways to beat this tower, since there is no PC level limit to go by,

lets try this:

Bake a pie, maybe get a nice potted plant a Phicus perhaps and go over to the tower not too early, and simply knock on the door. Being neighborly is tops in gaining entry. Maybe call first to make sure theres someone home. Maybe you already share an interest. Explore that possiblity.

From Dr. Phil

I'd then take ownership of your jealsousy of the owner of the tower, your not a victim here. Theres no bar you have to jump over. Set goals for yourself, dont let others set them for you. Now you think about that and maybe build your own tower and show em what your made of. Those Iron golems will be beggin just to stand in its shadow.

I hope that helps and let us know how it turns out.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
You could get a 9th level version of heat metal.... bullywug roast anyone?

Even if you give the 20 imps a level of sorc or something magic missile is a joke. In addition to shield there are probably half a dozen ways to ignore them.

You could just drop a bunch of high level fighters on there with an anti-magic shell. The golem's DR goes away and it's chop chop chop (with no clouds of gas or imp powers to worry about).

What I want to know is why would anyone bother to put Bullywugs, giant-sized or otherwise, in the mix?

This person is fairly unimaginative... a wall of force in a low-cielinged cavern with an antimagic field on either size for a 1000 feat (so you can't cast spells to dispel it) would be a more difficult unbreakable-defense.

Keith

First Post
d4 said:
here's his first mistake. wands are spell trigger items. you can't use a wand unless the spell it holds is on your class spell list. imps do not have magic missile in their list of spell-like abilities. so the imps are basically holding sticks they can't use. ;)

I know that especially with the newer editions of the game, some will argue otherwise, but my view of this is that the rule you cite is for Player Characters. Other creatures in a DM’s world can do what the DM says, no more and no less. Metagame it any way you like- an improved Imp with that spell, an Imp with Rogue levels and use magic device; it doesn’t matter. It is a fantastic, magical world, and creatures in it do things outside the limits of Player Characters, for good or bad.

More generally, this seems like more of a typical challenge in D&D than a remarkable one; good suggestions have been made, but I would skip the metagaming approach to your DM, myself.

Cheers

Numion

First Post
Keith said:
I know that especially with the newer editions of the game, some will argue otherwise, but my view of this is that the rule you cite is for Player Characters. Other creatures in a DM’s world can do what the DM says, no more and no less. Metagame it any way you like- an improved Imp with that spell, an Imp with Rogue levels and use magic device; it doesn’t matter. It is a fantastic, magical world, and creatures in it do things outside the limits of Player Characters, for good or bad.

More generally, this seems like more of a typical challenge in D&D than a remarkable one; good suggestions have been made, but I would skip the metagaming approach to your DM, myself.

But if the DM isn't going to stick to the rules himself all these suggestions will be pretty moot. They all depend on the rules. If the Imps can use wands against the rules, I wouldn't bet on the shield spell stopping them. Or earthquake spell destroying the tower. Or anything else happening according to rules.

nute

Explorer
Five stories of adamantite? Wow. That's heavy. REALLY heavy. Wonder how far it goes below the ground? Two fun spells: Move Earth and Rock To Mud come to mind.

~M.

D'karr

Adventurer
EricNoah said:
{hijack}

Oh, where oh where is Hong when you need him?

{/hijack}

{hijack part deux}

I believe Hong is beating his tower right now. IYKWIM,AITYD.

{/hijack part deux}

Last edited:

Remove ads