• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Healer's Lore question

Dumb question, but does Healers lore bonus hit points healed, just use the base stat modifier, or the modifier +1 1/2 level bonus?

1) if only uses base stat, it's power decreases really, in useful effect, as you level up. That can't be right?
ie +4 at level 1 is great, at lvl 20 it's not much.

2) I'm getting confused in general as to "ability mod" only being basic mod, or the stat modifier + (1/2 level), as it seem a bit dubious at times in 4th ed.
Ta for any help :)

Gargazon

First Post
Silverblade The Ench said:
Dumb question, but does Healers lore bonus hit points healed, just use the base stat modifier, or the modifier +1 1/2 level bonus?

1) if only uses base stat, it's power decreases really, in useful effect, as you level up. That can't be right?
ie +4 at level 1 is great, at lvl 20 it's not much.

2) I'm getting confused in general as to "ability mod" only being basic mod, or the stat modifier + (1/2 level), as it seem a bit dubious at times in 4th ed.
Ta for any help :)

I believe that unless it says 'stat mod + 1/2 level' it uses your base stat modifier. It's really that simple.

Also, for your point 1) I'd point out it's highly unlikely the Cleric is still going to have a +4 bonus to Wisdom at 20th level. Also, the Cleric will, by that time, be doing alot more healing with his powers. At 1st level his healing word is Healing Surge +1d6 +4, but at 20th level it'll be Healing Surge +4d6 +4.

Also, remember the Warlord does not have this feature. If Healer's Lore was +1/2 level then it'd make the Cleric's healing so superior to the Warlord I doubt parties would have them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads