Heart of Artifice Temporary--Kharas Alone

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We can try anyway," Elysia offers, lifting up the hems of her dress and sprinting through the chamber even faster than Kharas.

*Unfortunately, Kharas's stubby dwarven legs betray him, and the bats prove to be a bit fast for him, forming into a mass and nearly catching up behind him.*

"Kharas!" Elysia shouts, shooting a flamethrower back at the bats.

(OOC: Bats take 9. Kharas's turn. Bats are 20 feet behind him and they can go 80 in total by double-flying. There isn't a good place to run in a straight line anymore)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I have no torch, no area effect and bat swarm are immune to weapons damage... so I'll do the only thing he can. Run.

Kharas continue to move on. "Come on girl, I can't do nothing against them, i won'T stay here to get drained."

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Kharas continues to move on, double-moving and almost catching up to Elysia (she gained 40 feet on him when they both ran). The bats fly over Kharas and harm him slightly with their bites and their anticoagulants. He manages to bat some of them aside and avoid being distracted.*

(OOC: Kharas takes 3 Damage and is bleeding)

*Elysia fires another gout of flame, and the burning bat swarm shrieks in pain, dispersing as the bats head their separate ways.*

(OOC: 5 Damage, dispersing swarm. Kharas's turn)

Velmont

First Post
"Come on before they reform.... you should really take care of your catacomb. It's no way to repsect your ancestor to leave there final rest in such states." tells Kharas, as he continues to move foward.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Nobody uses this catacombs...it isn't where the decrepit or the departed are revitalised or remade," Elysia points out.

*They continue traveling through the twisting catacombs, and Kharas's magics wear off. But fortunately, there are no more attacks before they see light in the distance, a cave exit leading out onto a ledge on the underbelly of the floating island, looking off a steep drop into the mists below. There is indeed a crashed drakeflyer here in disrepair.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Elysia nods and works with Kharas on the Drakeflyer's repairs, both of them moving at frenetic rate thanks to their Spark and the use of Thelanium. After less than an hour, the drakeflyer seems in fine repair, ready and safe to use to fly away to this supposed shrine with lion statues, wherever that is. It is there that the anomaly that may be a gate occurs every few hours.*

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Oops, I skipped something--Kharas needs to make a heal check or use a healing scroll to stop the bleeding from the bats or he loses 1 HP per round. Which will he have used?)

Remove ads