Heart of Artifice Temporary--Kharas Alone

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Not only that, I think you can't do it in a single move due to being a dwarf, after the 5-foot-step. Remember that the Clank is size Large, so it inhabits four squares. You'd have to use 25' of move at least, best I can tell, and during its turn, it can just turn around)

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Isn't it only 20', let's sayyou have:

Code:
  A B C D
2   X X
3   X X
[Code]

If Kharas is at B4 and he need to be at B1, he just need to do B4->A3->A2->B1. That means 20'. I know you can't go in diagonal when it is the corner of a wall, as it occupied 100% of the square, but teh Clack, except if he looks like a big Cube, should occupied enough the square to hinder diagonal movement, only movement in his squares (like B4->B3->B2->B1), and that mean it would needed a DC:25 tumble roll...

Velmont

First Post
OOC: Damned, that mean I'll have to destory it... why do you like so much to make things so complicated?

"Elysia, you must turn his key counter clockwise, that will neutralize him without destroying him. I cannot reach it by myself." Kharas then move to A1 and attack, keeping a defensive stance.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Figthing defensively, I have an AC of 22. Kharas touch 19 for 9 damage only. First under average damage roll for some time... hope my luck isn't running out now. I really start to hate being alone. I'm so much more a team player.[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hey, it's not my fault :] :p

You forgot that Bane also gives an additional +2 enhancement bonus, so 2 more to hit and damage)

"When Clanks are close to being destroyed, they automatically deactivate without being completely destroyed," Elysia explains, "But I do wish we didn't have to hurt the poor Clank--it's just doing what it was told to do."

*Kharas hits the Clank weakly, and it tries to counterattack clumsily and fails, backing up again. Elysia's force pulse hits for additional weak damage.*

(OOC: Total damage 9 + 8 + 5 = 22, Kharas again)

Velmont

First Post
Kharas gives a solid blow to teh Clank

[SBLOCK=OOC] I didn't forget. Kharas have +1 BAB, +2 Str, +1 masterwork bonus to hit. Figthing defensively gives a -4 penalty. Bane give a +2, but it doesn't stack with the masterwork bonus. Total: +1 BAB +2 Str +2 Magical -4 Figthing defensively = +1. But I forgot the +2 damage form teh +2 bonus from the Bane.

This round, hit 19 again, for 18 damage (forgot the +2 again to damage)...

Total Damage for the Clank: 8 + 11 + 5 + 18 = 42[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Actually 15 damage for a total of 36 ;)

Jeez, the Clank keeps rolling 2s and 4s :()

*The Clank misses Kharas, and Elysia's pulse also fails, slamming into the marble.*

(OOC: Khatas again)

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Khras swing again, but cannot put all teh strenght and precision he wanted.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Oh, yeah... adamantium DR... so it has a DR of 3 I suppose. Well, before DR, I have done 11 and 18... And now, I must miss with only a 12 to hit[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: There was plenty of time to heal Kharas up to full--I guess I'll assume you guys did that)

*The Clank nearly smashes Kharas with a much-improved attack, but Kharas manages to block the attack with his mace, sparks skidding as he is pushed slightly backwards by the strength of the blow. Meanwhile, Elysia strikes it for minor damage.*

(OOC: 4 more, total 40)

Remove ads