• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heirs to the Burning Thrones - Active - Roll-call!

Rystil Arden

First Post
Forgive my analogy of the situation, but this reminds me of the Nurse, a much beloved figure to Juliet, suggesting to Juliet that her romance with Romeo was going to get her killed and that she would be prudent to try something else. Juliet did not respond very well to this...To wit:

Nurse
Faith, here it is.
Romeo is banish'd; and all the world to nothing,
That he dares ne'er come back to challenge you;
Or, if he do, it needs must be by stealth.
Then, since the case so stands as now it doth,
I think it best you married with the county.
O, he's a lovely gentleman!
Romeo's a dishclout to him: an eagle, madam,
Hath not so green, so quick, so fair an eye
As Paris hath. Beshrew my very heart,
I think you are happy in this second match,
For it excels your first: or if it did not,
Your first is dead; or 'twere as good he were,
As living here and you no use of him.

JULIET
Speakest thou from thy heart?

Nurse
And from my soul too;
Or else beshrew them both.

JULIET
Amen!

Nurse
What?

JULIET
Well, thou hast comforted me marvellous much.
Go in: and tell my lady I am gone,
Having displeased my father, to Laurence' cell,
To make confession and to be absolved.

Nurse
Marry, I will; and this is wisely done.

Exit

JULIET
Ancient damnation! O most wicked fiend!
Is it more sin to wish me thus forsworn,
Or to dispraise my lord with that same tongue
Which she hath praised him with above compare
So many thousand times? Go, counsellor;
Thou and my bosom henceforth shall be twain.
I'll to the friar, to know his remedy:
If all else fail, myself have power to die.

Exit

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Forgive my analogy of the situation, but this reminds me of the Nurse, a much beloved figure to Juliet, suggesting to Juliet that her romance with Romeo was going to get her killed and that she would be prudent to try something else. Juliet did not respond very well to this...To wit:

Romeo??? Juliet??? What kind of rubbish is that... :confused:

Rystil Arden

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Its never listen to reason but if its to be a failure than its not true love... Love conquors all remember?
Romeo and Juliet's love was temporally a falure as well. The reason why "love conquers all" is that after everyone is dead, there souls can join together afterwards ;)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Romeo and Juliet's love was temporally a falure as well. The reason why "love conquers all" is that after everyone is dead, there souls can join together afterwards ;)

Are you sure that's how it works in the Burning Lands? ;) Remember we're not in the world where R and J's love really happened.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Brother Shatterstone said:
Are you sure that's how it works in the Burning Lands? ;) Remember we're not in the world where R and J's love really happened.
Oh I'm not sure at all. I'm just trying to explain the "Love conquers all" phrase in the context of our world--it wasn't meant to say that love will always turn out happily on Earth. The phrase probably doesn't exist at all in the Burning Lands (you're the one who brought it up, silly :)).

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Rystil Arden said:
Oh I'm not sure at all. I'm just trying to explain the "Love conquers all" phrase in the context of our world--it wasn't meant to say that love will always turn out happily on Earth. The phrase probably doesn't exist at all in the Burning Lands (you're the one who brought it up, silly :)).

This is an OOC thread for this game, which takes place in the Burning Lands, we should be talking about how that world works… ;)

Malika would be giving p everything she knows, like her freedom, which is something she might not have a true concept of…

She’s probably just infatuated and nothing more, its how nymphs are, so I suspect when push comes to shove she’s going to be gone. :)

Remove ads