STR 10
DEX 13
CON 15
INT 17
WIS 16
CHA 15

I agree with whoever posted this ;)

Cleric2 -> 3 then wizard 3, then mystic theurge would be best for you probably

I would suggest human, and if your dm allows it (with the 3.0 version) spell casting prodigy in both cleric and wizard.. if nothing else it provides a great background and it makes sense.. plus you will need those extra points in order to cast your higher level spells! (it does make your stat 2 points higher for spell casting and memimg purposes only right?)

Also, item creation feats (wonderous item especially) are very interesting with this build, as are a few of the metamagic feats.. go crazy ;)

The Cardinal

First Post
I second Scion's post

- or you could persuade your GM to use the formula for multiclassed spellcasters I've posted in the house rules forum... :D

Thanee

First Post
Moe Ronalds said:
Actually, I'm fairly sure that Prestige Classes don't incur a multiclassing penalty.

Anyone got a page number from the 3.5 books, since I can't find it in there, that Prestige Classes are different for multiclassing purposes (which they have been in 3.0 for sure)?

Bye
Thanee

Zappo

Explorer
I don't have 3.5e yet, but if it doesn't explicitly say that PrCs don't count towards multiclass penalties, then I'll bet it's an error. Actually inflicting multiclass penalties for PrCs would make a lot of them virtually unusable.

Creeping Death

First Post
Wotc

Thanee said:
Anyone got a page number from the 3.5 books, since I can't find it in there, that Prestige Classes are different for multiclassing purposes (which they have been in 3.0 for sure)?

Bye
Thanee

I believe that someone from WotC stated on these boards that Prcs do not count as far as multi classing goes. It was erroneously omitted from the books. It should be in the SRD or will be soon.

Pants

First Post
Moe Ronalds said:
I'd say put intelligence higher than wisdom since clerics use mostly healing spells which wouldn't require a saving throw (and thus a high ability modifier). Speaking of abilities, you'll need 5 ability boosts (without magic items) to have a 19 in each stat (and thus be able to cast 9th level spells for both classes). I'd focus on getting your intelligence up first, then wisdom, since you'll need to have the 19 BEFORE you actually reach a high enough level to cast 9th level spells, whereas for the cleric once you hit 19 you'll be able to cast all 9th level cleric spells anyway.
You probably won't need a 19 in each stat, since the MyT can only cast a maximum of 8th level spells in either class. Saying that, I'd spend most of your ability points later on on upping your intelligence and raising your Wis to at least 18 (for 8th level spells).

gariig said:
The whole PrC was just accidentally neglected from the books, PrCs don't incur XP penalties.

Gariig
And even if it wasn't, I'd houserule it.

Lela

First Post
Wouldn't you still be able to get to 17th Caster Level and thus have a few 9th level spells (compared to your 20th counterparts) providing you aren't a Sorceror?

Pants said:
And even if it wasn't, I'd houserule it.

Completely agree here. The outrage from this alone would be incredible. Especially for PrCs that need multiple classes to qualify for (like the Thurge). Taking any PrC under that rule would be extremely detrimential.

Pants

First Post
Lela said:
Wouldn't you still be able to get to 17th Caster Level and thus have a few 9th level spells (compared to your 20th counterparts) providing you aren't a Sorceror?
Assuming we aren't going Epic, you could get 9th level spells in either your divine spellcasting class or your arcane, but not both, plus you'd be giving up access to 8th level spells in the other class.

Lela

First Post
Pants said:
Assuming we aren't going Epic, you could get 9th level spells in either your divine spellcasting class or your arcane, but not both, plus you'd be giving up access to 8th level spells in the other class.
Of course! *Wacks head* How did I forget about the end of the PrC? Thanks Pants.

Remove ads