• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help me identify old sci fi show

EricNoah

Adventurer
Ok, on my digital tuner box I get a channel that is 27.1. 27 is the local ABC affiliate, and presumably 27.1 is somehow related. However, where ever I go online to look at the TV lineup for that channel I see "programming unavailable." So I turn to you for help...

Last night I saw the most god-awful 70's (or maybe 80s?) sci fi TV show ever. Among other things it had "space disco dancing" and two tiny robots (one gold and one silver) who would spout off comical slogans like "Far Out!" now and then. At the end of the episode while the human characters were wrapping things up and having a laugh, one of the two robots said something like "Ribbi ribbi, now we can get it on!" and the two robots put their faces together like they were kissing.

I think it has scarred me for life, but I'm going crazy not knowing the name of the series. A little help?

Thanks,

Eric

EricNoah

Adventurer
Ah, so it was "biddi biddi" not "ribbi ribbi".

Oh, ick, was that an awful, awful several minutes of my life.

Thank you!

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
More importantly, it sounds like it was an episode from the second season, which went steeply downhill in (comparable) quality from season one.

Yep. The first season held promise (and Erin Grey! :D). It was a fun show at first, but you knew the death keel sounded when Hawk, half man-half er, well, bird, hawk, something, became a main character.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Actually, I kinda liked Hawk, but I agree that the show was going downhill faster than Picaboo Street after that first season.

Fast Learner

First Post
I have very fond memories of Erin Gray as Colonel Wilma Deering, one of my earliest real star crushes.

My younger brothes and I went to a car show where Twiki was an attraction. They were very disillusioned to discover that his hands were made of spray-painted wood. Still, points to them for having an actor inside playing the occassional recording of Twiki's voice.

Remove ads