• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Help my prioitize my stats

Kazuel

First Post
ok here's the deal. I'm going to be playing a Ninja/Paladin (I've already got DM approval so don't quote the RAW). With this build, EVERY stat is important. STR for damage, CON for HPs, DEX for AC and lots of skills, WIS for spell casting and AC, INT for skills, and CHA for pally abilities. So how do I prioritize my stats. I'll be coming into the game at 5th Level. but I'm not sure if I want to play an EL+1 race or not. I plan to keep the Ninja and paladin levels equal, so at lvl 20 I'll have Ninja10/Paladin10. thanks in advance.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Do you roll for stats or is it point-buy?

Have you considered trying the non-spellcasting Paladin variant from the Complete Warrior? Wis is probably your least important stat, that and Int (if you ever really need the higher level spells, an item to boost Wis isn't too expensive). I'd put it...

Dex
Cha
Str
Con
Int
Wis

Scion

First Post
well I dont have any experience with the ninja, so I'll just pretend you said monk ;)

I think you could go with maxing out the mental stats and letting the physical stats slide. Get a few good feats based on burning turning attempts and get something to shift your form to other creatures forms whenever you need to do something. Mold your body to the task as needed as any good monk/ninja/whatever would.

I would even suggest, if you are starting at decent levels for this, to be at least one age category up as well. Older and wiser you have learned to shift yourself to fit the exact situation at hand and are infinitely versitile.

There are several items that will help with this. Although at very low levels it will likely be a bit tough to surive.. although your saves will be insane!

Edit 2: duh on me, I just noticed it said 5th level..lol.. so 9k gp to spend
Edit: I guess we could assume 32 point buy for now as the next poster did ;)

So I would suggest this (if you are limited to core races only):
Str: 9 -3 (age) = 6
Dex: 8 -3 (age) = 5
Con: 9 -3 (age) = 6
Int: 16 +2 (age) = 18
Wis: 16 +2 (age) = 18
Cha: 16 +2 (age) = 18

Human feat: Improved toughness
4k for an amulet of health +2

Be skillful and sneaky. You will need a lot of sneaky skill to overcome the dex, good thing you have that high int ;)

you arent quite high enough yet to have paladin turning, but you are nearly there.

Get a good mount and a few other items to help your surviveability and pick up any and all items to help you shift your form and you should be set.

I am not saying this is a great characer, but it is one I think would be fun to play.

Last edited:

Aust Diamondew

First Post
Hmm...If it were a higher level game I might recommend a decent monster race for some stat boost (half celestial maybe but thats high LA).

With a 32 pt buy I'd do this:

Str 14 6 pts.
Dex 14 6 pts.
Con 12 4 pts.
Int 12 4 pts.
Wis 14 6 pts.
Cha 14 6 pts.

You don't have any one exceptional stat but you're pretty well rounded. Should proably lower wis some and possibly int to boost other stats. What do you want to be good at? Stealth, melee, ranged etc? When you figure that out it'll be easier to prioritize.

Thanee

First Post
Cha, Str, Dex, Con, Int, Wis

(i.e. in 32 PB)

Str 14
Dex 14
Con 14
Int 12
Wis 10 (buy a +4 item to cast spells)
Cha 15

Bye
Thanee