• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Here's a complaint about the 5e books...

Wrathamon

Adventurer
In Ed Greenwoods Eliminster's Forgotten Realms it has a similar font and placement treatment as the 5e books, but the font is much darker. I find it distracting. My eyes keep looking at the numbers.

I wish that the phb and mm had tabs sticking out of the book for easy reference.

the Jester

Legend
Are you being serious?

Yes.

I don't really have a lot of complaints about 5e, but that one has actually itched at me several times- really, any time I have looked something up by page number (it came up because I was checking the rules for suffocation after reading some of the "engulf your head NO BREATHING!" monsters in the MM.

It's not a huge complaint; it's not even a big complaint. Heck, it's a little, teeny-tiny, itsy-bitsy complaint.

But for the designers, next time make 'em more visible, please. Functionality is important.

(In fact, my only other complaint so far is about the moving away from the well-designed spell lists in 3e, which had the school listed, a short description of each spell in the list, and the class the spell is available to in the description, and that's a much larger complaint- but still minor.)

Boarstorm

First Post
My itty-bitty complaint would be that the pages are so thin that they stick together. So when looking for page, say, 82, I can get to 80, or 84. But 82 requires one of those rubber finger tip things that looks like a cactus (or maybe a sea creature).

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Yeah, the page numbers are just light enough to be hard to read sometimes.

Otherwise, though, I like the layout and graphic arts. I think they did a good job.

the Jester

Legend
Yeah, the page numbers are just light enough to be hard to read sometimes.

Otherwise, though, I like the layout and graphic arts. I think they did a good job.

Yes. These books are beautiful. I know that not everyone agrees, but to me, holy cow.

I just got annoyed at the page number thing again when I was looking up starvation rules, though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads