• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes, Inc - Heroic Mercs in FR OOC Thread

frostrune

First Post
DM_Matt said:
RE: the alternate aasimar: Its just the different type and the lack of LA...thats it. The rest is the same. The game designers previously admitted that aasimars and tieflings are really only LA .5 or .6, and they chose to err on the side of caution. Thus, making it a little weaker tips the scales the other way. Then again, this isnt as bad a decrease for fighter folk, beucase getting enlarge person back is pretty good.

If ability scores do not change I would probably be willing to make this change. I can't really find where this is written however. I have the Players Guide to Faerun and I found a brief paragraph in the appendices that seems to simply remove 'native outsider' subtype and allows typical charm and hold persons to have normal effects. I do not however find any mention of the enlarge person addition. I quite fine moving forward without adding the enlarge person benefit, I'm just curious where you're finding your info.

Frostrune

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
frostrune said:
"I like Fin's suggestion of having a look at this statue of the Horned Beast. Maybe one of use will recognize its nature and give us a clearer picture of what to do next?"

Anyone have a Wish spell handy, by the way?

-Hyp.

frostrune

First Post
DM_Matt,

I would like to take the lesser aasimar option and have gone ahead and levelled-up Timrin in the rogues gallery. I did not give him the ability to enlarge person and I think this is fair. If you don't like what you see let me know I will change things back.

Frostrune

PS: Hyp - you lost me. Why the wish spell?

DM_Matt

First Post
frostrune said:
DM_Matt,

I would like to take the lesser aasimar option and have gone ahead and levelled-up Timrin in the rogues gallery. I did not give him the ability to enlarge person and I think this is fair. If you don't like what you see let me know I will change things back.

Frostrune

PS: Hyp - you lost me. Why the wish spell?

Regarding enlarge: The way I read it, you have the type Humanoid (Planetouched) Consequentially, you can be affected by anything that affects humanoids or outsiders, including but not limited to the ones listed. Thus, enlarge person would be among them, as well as any new spell that requires the target be humanoid. If someone invets Wedgie Person or Tickle Person, those work too.

frostrune

First Post
DM_Matt said:
Regarding enlarge: The way I read it, you have the type Humanoid (Planetouched) Consequentially, you can be affected by anything that affects humanoids or outsiders, including but not limited to the ones listed. Thus, enlarge person would be among them, as well as any new spell that requires the target be humanoid. If someone invets Wedgie Person or Tickle Person, those work too.

Ah-ha! I think I finally get what you have been talking about. I don't get Enlarge Person as a racial ability, you are saying that it can now affect me just like any other 'person'. This makes sense and we are finally on the same page.

kirinke

First Post
I kinda like the aasimar thing as is with the native-outsider thingie going on. It sorta fits the character concept I have for Alethia. :)

frostrune

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
A sleeping horned beast that wakes up and destroys civilisations?

We might need a Wish spell to keep it dead after we kill it.

-Hyp.

Ahhhhh... I'm with you now. I'd prefer to make sure it doesn't wake up. Seeing as I'm the melee guy I want no part of the vorpal teeth. That would be ugly.

Frostrune

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads