Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Dalamar

Adventurer
"It's attrocious," Zack notes on the environment as he accepts Ducane's old bow. "How many arrows do we have?"

OoC: Zack has been posted for approval.

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
"Greetings, T'Zeran 'ap Vinn. I am Ignatious O'Reilly..." Iggy considers trying to tell the prisoner where he's from, but can't think quite how to do so. Iggy glances at the others. If there's no objection, he unties the prisoner and hands him the bag.

As he does so, Iggy reviews the details of their quest in his mind. There's some lich out there, who's threatening the prime material plane. But how would one ask this gith about it.

"Say, do you know of any apple trees?" he finally asks T'Zeran.

OOC: Can I get a knowledge (planes) check again on Githyanki & Githzerai? His modifier is +9. My roll 13+9=22.

Patlin

Explorer
With T'Zeran here to jog his memory, Iggy does remember reading something about an ancient split amongst the Gith people, and believes the Githzaerai and Githyanki to be the warring factions.

"I was not told of a tree, merely that you would be on a quest, and where to take you." T'Zeran replied. "I do not know if it is your destination, or merely a stop along the way."

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy is not surprised that some prophesy is favoring them. Clearly they had someone, or something, on their side. Someone had rescued them from the Scrags. Someone had given them their vision. Someone had opened a gate for them. And doubtlessly, this same someone had influenced these Gith.

"We will follow you, T'Zeran 'ap Vinn. As we travel, will you tell us more of the dispute between your people and the githyanki? And tell us where you are taking us, please."

When he gets a bit of time, Iggy will study the potions, sniffing them, rotating them, and perhaps taking a drop on his tongue.

OOC: Do the githyanki and githzerai look any different? Iggy attempts a spellcraft check on each potion (1 minute each), DC 25, to identify them. He mostly succeeds.

Velmont

First Post
Patlin said:
8 Potions (all appear to be of the same type)

Manzanita said:
OOC: Do the githyanki and githzerai look any different? Iggy attempts a spellcraft check on each potion (1 minute each), DC 25, to identify them. He mostly succeeds.

SRD said:
Identifying Potions
In addition to the standard methods of identification, PCs can sample from each container they find to attempt to determine the nature of the liquid inside. An experienced character learns to identify potions by memory—for example, the last time she tasted a liquid that reminded her of almonds, it turned out to be a potion of cure moderate wounds.

OOC: If you identify one, you have identified all if they are all the same.

Patlin

Explorer
Iggy is satisfied that the 8 potions are (coincidentally, given the quotation) of Cure Moderate Wounds.

The Githzerai and Githyanki look the same to you, but perhaps if you travelled amongst them long enough you would pick up on the differences. T'Zeran does appear to wear a differet style of clothing then the Githyanki you fought.

With some difficulty, you manage to get T'Zeran out of his manacles. Does anyone wish to keep these?

"I am to take you to a color pool... a gateway between this realm and another. The difficulty, however, is that it lies well within the portion of the astral controlled by the Githyanki. I am no student of history, to explain how the Githyanki have come to hate my people, but if they were to see us among them they would certainly strive to kill us. Even seeing you, strangers though you are, they would likely react with violence."

"This may seem impossible, as the might of the Githyanki is great, but I have had several years to think of how it may be done, and I have arived at a plan."

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy distributes the potions. There's enough for everyone to take one, and for some to take two. Iggy will suggest Zach & Ducane take two each.

"You have not been misled, T'Zeran," Iggy says. "We are indeed on an important mission, with ramifications beyond this plane. Rest assured that we have had visions similar to yours, and our mission is your mission. Please, tell us your plan."

Patlin

Explorer
"I've been noting the movements of Githyanki Astral Ships. In particular, there's a specific ship that's assigned to patrol some outlying Githyanki mines, collecting their output for the Githyanki war effort. If we can take over the mine before the ship visits, we should be able to take the ship by surprise. As long as we stay away from major military bases, we're unlikely to encounter any Githyanki with enough rank to stop or question a patrol ship. That should get us safely through Githyanki territory without having to fight them in significant numbers."

Remove ads