Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

SlagMortar

First Post
"W'oh!" is all Planus has to say when arriving out of the portal. His limbs still ache from the nasty spell the ogre hit him with, but he feels quite a bit better.

OOC:
0 (DC 13) 5/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance
1 (DC 14) 4/day: Bless, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil (x2)
2 (DC 15) 3/day: Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3 (DC 16) 2/day: Blindness, Prayer
Domain:
1 (DC 14): Longstrider
2 (DC 15): Invisibility
3 (DC 16): Fly
Arrows remaining: 20
HP: 26/32
I'll need to update Planus's sheet with XP, but he didn't level so continue on.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Zack quickly makes sure that Ducane did come through the portal to the same place as he did before taking note of their surroundings.

OoC: Less than 300XP short of 5th, sitting on 24hp.

Patlin

Explorer
Emerging from the long gray tunnel of the portal, the change as you enter the new environment is more subtle than you expected. You find yourselves in an endless expanse of silvery sky, extending both above and bellow you... if such terms have any meaning here. In the distance, you can see some sort of clouds, and in places winds seem to ripple through the silvery place. Flashes of color seem to spark in the air in places, and in others seem to pool together like blobs of ink.

For a moment, you all float together weightlessly. Planus, however, seems a bit discomforted by the feeling of weightlessness. He looks a bit green, and is trying to keep his stomach calm while his body tries to decide which way is down. Then it does... and he drops away from the rest of the party at a fantastic speed!

ooc: One roll, keep opening till you get to the limit of your knowledge.
[sblock=Knowledge(the Planes) DC 10]You don't think you're on your own world anymore.[sblock=Knowledge(the Planes) DC 12]This is the Astral Plane, the space between different realities. It's an entirely different plane of existence than you've been on in your whole life. Here's what you've heard:

"The Astral Plane is the space between the planes. When a character moves through an interplanar portal or projects her spirit to a different plane of existence, she travels through the Astral Plane. Even spells that allow instantaneous movement across a plane briefly touch the Astral Plane.

The Astral Plane is a great, endless sphere of clear silvery sky, both above and below. Occasional bits of solid matter can be found here, but most of the Astral Plane is an endless, open domain.

Both planar travelers and refugees from other planes call the Astral Plane home."[sblock=Knowledge(the Planes) DC 15]

The Astral Plane has the following traits.

* Subjective directional gravity.
* Timeless. Age, hunger, thirst, poison, and natural healing don’t function in the Astral Plane, though they resume functioning when the traveler leaves the Astral Plane.
* Mildly neutral-aligned.
* Enhanced magic. All spells and spell-like abilities used within the Astral Plane may be employed as if they were improved by the Quicken Spell feat. Already quickened spells and spell-like abilities are unaffected, as are spells from magic items. Spells so quickened are still prepared and cast at their unmodified level. As with the Quicken Spell feat, only one quickened spell can be cast per round.
[sblock=Knowledge(the Planes) DC 20]The Githyanki, a predominantly evil and extremely dangerous race of humanoids, are some of the principal inhabitants of the Astral Plane.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

SlagMortar

First Post
"Hey, where are you guys going? I didn't know you could fly. Mongrel, take me to my friends!" Planus casts fly and tries to fly back to his companions.

OOC:
knowledge (planes) (1d20+2=4)
Planus is as clueless as he appears.
0 (DC 13) 5/day: Detect Magic(x2), Light(x2), Guidance
1 (DC 14) 4/day: Bless, Divine Favor, Protection from Evil (x2)
2 (DC 15) 3/day: Resist Energy, Silence, Spiritual Weapon
3 (DC 16) 2/day: Blindness, Prayer
Domain:
1 (DC 14): Longstrider
2 (DC 15): Invisibility
3 (DC 16): Fly

Xael

First Post
Ducane sits cross-legged in the "air" after he finds walking to be rather ineffective and glances around. "You know, somehow I don't think we're anywhere near the lake anymore."

After Planus starts "falling", he frowns and starts re-evaluating his position, fully expecting everybody to follow Planus soonish. "Err... Anybody got a rope?"

OOC: Ducane is at full health. Knowledge; Planes (Untrained) 17. Thanks for the absolutely perfect place to develop psychic powers by the way, Patlin. :D

Patlin

Explorer
Planus is startled to find his prayer answered instantly, as the magic flows through him much faster than normal. The fly spell helps him resume control and settles his stomach, and he floats back "up" to his friends.

ooc: Hey Slag, wanna bet that Planus just earned the prize for first quickened spell cast by a PC in LEW?

Edit: I'm just dying to go on general, quote that post on highest level spellcasters from Manzanita, and mention Planus is now casting 7th level spells, but I figure you should have dibs on the bragging rights. :D

Last edited:

SlagMortar

First Post
"How are you guys floating? I'm not sure how long this spell lasts, but I don't think its very long. We should find somewhere more ... suitable to standing around." I wonder if we are somehow closer to Mongrel here.

OOC: I didn't mean to. Honest! It just kind of happened. :) Quickened spell and out of a domain slot no less. Go ahead and post if you want. Bragging usually comes better from someone else. :)
Edit: I'm glad you gave him the "first quickened spell prize" rather than the more infamous first you gave Gorefoot. ;)

Manzanita

First Post
Despite his training, Iggy proves useless at planear lore.

"Wow." he mutters and looks around. "Well. It's better than being in the lair of a lich."

Once some rope is produced, Iggy proposes they all be tied together, then Planus can pull them. But where?

Patlin

Explorer
"I have heard of this place." Goruksblain states. "The Astral Plane. A lich is said to hold great power here, though likely a different Lich than we have been facing. Perhaps fortune will smile, and we will encounter her, or at least her servants."

Remove ads