Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Manzanita

First Post
"'if fortune smiles...'" Iggy mutters. He's learning more about this hammer, and it isn't all good. Iggy knows enough about liches to know he's in no hurry to actually meet one. He was hoping he'd find the source of good who saved them from the skrags through this portal. Evidently this was not the case. At the same time, it didn't seem to be a trap. Here they were rested and ready. It seemed likely they had been brought here for a reason.

"The astral plane. I've heard of it." says Iggy to the others. "Anyone have any clue which way to go?"

OOC: I don't know anything about the astral plane. Can you tell me anything from Iggy's 5 ranks in K(planes)? He already made one roll, though, so maybe no more.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: I don't know anything about the astral plane. Can you tell me anything from Iggy's 5 ranks in K(planes)? He already made one roll, though, so maybe no more.

No retry on knowledge rolls, but make a DC 12 check and I'll give you some info on subjective gravity... there's probably at least one other place in the LEW cosmology that has it, so you might have heard of it without connecting it up with the Astral.

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: D20 check = 17. unmodified. If you're giving Iggy another Knowledge(planes) check, his mod is +9, so that would get a 26. Is Goruksblain speaking aloud? If so, Iggy will ask it if it knows any more about where they are or how to find a lich.

Patlin

Explorer
Iggy knows that their are places in the planes that gravity is in whatever direction you want it to be, and it is possible to get from place to place by "falling" toward ones destination. He's not 100% clear on how to do this in actual practice, and he'll need to experiment to figure that out.

Goruksblain relates that it has heard of a story regarding a lich which lives on the Astral Plane, a lich who commands an entire race of evil creatures that live on that plane. This jogs Iggy's memory a bit, and he thinks he recalls having heard of a "Lich Queen of the Githyanki." He's not sure whether their actually is such a person, it may be a myth. He's pretty sure the Githyanki are a race that lives almost entirely on the Astral Plane, though, so it fits with what the hammer is saying.

ooc: Yep, unless I remember wrongly Goruksblain speaks out loud. I'd need to check the item thread, but I don't think the hammer even has telepathy.

Patlin

Explorer
Guruksblain's Thread

Looks like I failed to specify, but the hammer does speak out loud. Feel free to look over the hammer's stats and keep me honest. Charlarn also needs to be sure he remembers to 'feed' the hammer.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy nods and relates to the others any legends he's familiar with.

He takes a deep breath. A lich. A race of evil humanoids of unknown power. Having to fight them in a plane they know little about. He glances about at the others. Iggy was never a particularly brave guy. He prefered the shelter of Sara's powerful frame and upbeat personality. Now his best friend is gone, and he's in a bit over his head. Still, he was more experienced than most of the others, and didn't want to share any anxiety. He puts on his best face.

"Well. It appears we're going to be here awhile." He doesn't mention that the reason he believes this to be the case is because he has no idea how to get back to their own plane. "We may as well get used to it."

With this Iggy tries to focus on the idea that gravity is coming from above his head, thus he should 'fall' in this direction.

Patlin

Explorer
Iggy concentrates for a short time and then starts soaring upward at an alarming rate. In the first round, he travels 150'. In the second, 300'. He doesn't seem to accelerate further from there. He's now over 1000' away from the others, and it's been less than 1/2 a minute.

ooc: I'm interpreting this as being before everyone is roped together, or he'd be dragging everyone with him.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: It might be worth re-reading the vision, everyone. Most particularly, be reassured that you aren't here (regardless of what the hammer would preffer) to fight your way through the entire Githyanki empire in order to assasinate a Lich-Queen. I'm not quite that insane. You're looking for an apple tree. Of course, the information you have at present is totally inadequate, but the folks sending the vision don't seem to think in a manner similar to what you are familliar with. Perhaps faith will provide...

Manzanita

First Post
Patlin said:
ooc: I'm interpreting this as being before everyone is roped together, or he'd
be dragging everyone with him.

OOC: actually, he'd have waited until after they were roped together for this very reason. Either way...

IC: Once Iggy feels his success, he will reverse his gravety idea, willing it to come from beneath his feet so he will go back the way he came. He'll explain it to everyone else when they're all together.

Patlin

Explorer
Although not as quickly as he might wish, Iggy manages to bring himself (and the others, I suppose) to a stop. With a bit more experimentation, you learn the following:

Subjective Directional Gravity
The strength of gravity on a plane with this trait is the same as on the Material Plane, but each individual chooses the direction of gravity’s pull. Such a plane has no gravity for unattended objects and nonsentient creatures. This sort of environment can be very disorienting to the newcomer, but is common on “weightless” planes.

Characters on a plane with subjective directional gravity can move normally along a solid surface by imagining “down” near their feet. If suspended in midair, a character “flies” by merely choosing a “down” direction and “falling” that way. Under such a procedure, an individual “falls” 150 feet in the first round and 300 feet in each succeeding round. Movement is straight-line only. In order to stop, one has to slow one’s movement by changing the designated “down” direction (again, moving 150 feet in the new direction in the first round and 300 feet per round thereafter).

It takes a DC 16 Wisdom check to set a new direction of gravity as a free action; this check can be made once per round. Any character who fails this Wisdom check in successive rounds receives a +6 bonus on subsequent checks until he or she succeeds.

Remove ads