Heroes Must Rise! [Erekose13 Judging](Concluded)

Xael

First Post
OOC: Ducane makes it to level 7, but there's an annoying requirement for the Warmind Prestige Class, and I'll have to ask the judges about it.

Patlin

Explorer
Xael said:
OOC: Ducane makes it to level 7, but there's an annoying requirement for the Warmind Prestige Class, and I'll have to ask the judges about it.

ooc: Yeah, I rp'd out that requirement for Julianna in another thread.

Velmont

First Post
OOC: I still need a bit more than 1000 xp for next level

Spell Memorized: (4+1/4+1/4+1/3+1)
DC: 14 + Spell level (+1 if Illusion)
0: Acid Splash, Detect Magic, *Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Read Magic
1: *Color Spray, Disturb Equilibrium, Grease, Mage Armor, Protection from Evil
2: Glitterdust, *Invisibility, Melf's Acid Arrow, Resist Energy
3: Dispel Magic, *Major Image, Melf's Acid Arrow [Extended], Stinking Cloud
*Bonus Illusion Spell

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

Manzanita said:
OOC: Iggy gets to add 2 spells to his spellbook. Somehow, I'm thinking one of those spells must be divination, as that's his specialty school. But now I don't see that in the SRD. Anyone know the rule on that?
You're right. It's on page 179 of the PHB under Chapter 10: Arcane Spells: Arcane Magical Writings: Adding Spells to a Wizard's Spellbook.

Charlarn also gains his 8th level, his 6th in cleric.

Before the party rests, Charlarn looks up at the sky. He wrinkles his brow in puzzlement. "Am I really tired, or is the sun missing? It hasn't gotten darker or lighter since we've been here either. We must not be home. Let's hope the top of the volcano is the way back." He substitutes 3 cure light wounds (1d8+5=9, 1d8+5=11, 1d8+5=12) for bless, divine favor, obscuring mist, healing himself completely.

Cleric Spells Prepared (5/4+1/4+1/3+1: save DC 14 + level):
0-create water (2), detect magic, guidance, mending;
1-endure elements, sanctuary*;
2-hold person, resist energy (2), shield other*, summon monster II.
3-dispel magic, magic circle against evil, magic vestment, protection from energy*.
*Domain spell.

Manzanita

First Post
Steve Jung said:
You're right. It's on page 179 of the PHB under Chapter 10: Arcane Spells: Arcane Magical Writings: Adding Spells to a Wizard's Spellbook.

OOC: So one of Iggy's new spells does have to be Divination, then?

I was also wondering about his speak languages skill. It is now a class skill for Iggy. Would you put any restrictions on which languages he could pick up, Patlin? I need to post his level up; I'm almost done with it.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: So one of Iggy's new spells does have to be Divination, then?

I was also wondering about his speak languages skill. It is now a class skill for Iggy. Would you put any restrictions on which languages he could pick up, Patlin? I need to post his level up; I'm almost done with it.

Yes on the divination, no on language restrictions.

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus uses Mongrel's blessings to wash some of the fatigue from his companions.

OOC:
Status prior to resting: [sblock]
Planus (5 damage, 32 nonlethal)
Charlarn (12 damage, 11 nonlethal)
Iggy (20 Nonlethal)
Opale (28 Nonlethal)
Ducane (17 nonlethal)
Zack (37 Nonlethal)[/sblock]
Planus holds back a bless spell through the night just in case they are attacked.
He casts:
cure light wounds (1d8+5=11) on Opale.
cure moderate wounds (2d8+6=11) on himself
cure moderate wounds (2d8+6=8) and cure light wounds (1d8+5=11) on Zack.
3 cure minor wounds on himself and 2 on Iggy.
Status after healing and resting 8 hours:
Planus (10 nonlethal)
Iggy (10 nonlethal)
Opale (9 nonlethal)
Ducane (9 nonlethal)
Zack (10 nonlethal)

Planus is updated for 7th level. After resting, his spells prepared are:

0 (DC 13) 6/day: Detect Magic, Light, Guidance, Create Water x3
1 (DC 14) 5/day: Endure Elements (x3), Divine Favor, Shield of Faith
2 (DC 15) 4/day: Resist Energy (x2), Shatter, Silence
3 (DC 16) 3/day: Blindness, Prayer, Dispel Magic
4 (DC 17) 1/day: Divine Power
Domain:
1 (DC 14): Longstrider
2 (DC 15): Invisibility
3 (DC 16): Fly
4 (DC 17): Dimension Door

He casts longstrider and all three endure elements (on himself, Zack and Ducane) right away in the morning.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

After their rest, Charlarn will cast endure elements on Opale, Iggy, and himself. Then he'll feed Goruksblain with hold person and dispel magic. Suitably prepared, he'll don his chain shirt.

Cleric Spells Prepared (5/4+1/4+1/3+1: save DC 14 + level):
0-create water (2), detect magic, guidance, mending;
1-endure elements (3), endure elements, sanctuary*;
2-hold person, resist energy (2), shield other*, summon monster II.
3-dispel magic, magic circle against evil, magic vestment, protection from energy*.
*Domain spell.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy feels a sense of peace upon resting. These experiences on other planes has affected him more than he realized. The plane itself was affecting him. He knew he would see it in his dreams.

If the evening passes uneventfully, Iggy will awake and study his spellbook. He will cast one of his mnemonic enhancements to take 3 magic missile spells.

OOC: Iggy's submitted for level 8. He'll take his standard spell list as stated on his CS. I'll post more later. He took Ignan as a language which will come to him in a dream, I think. Meet LEW's first PC Loremaster!

Remove ads