Heroes of Darmon, Part 1, Into The Brewing Cauldron.

Jarval

Explorer
Once the Teraketh have passed through the gate, Dacre smiles at the little crowd of people who surrendered their weapons.

"Thank you all for your help back there. They can be a bull headed lot, those Teraketh... Anyway, how about we find a tavern, and I buy you all a drink?"

Creamsteak

Explorer
The gray-skinned half orc gruffly tries to bring his untrained voice to speak, but he struggles a bit with the language and pauses often.

"I thank you for thinking fast and speaking skillfully. I am glad that there are people that do not want to always be fighting about everything. I, 'umbly ask your name lady and sir who are the skilled speakers. I am called the gray one, and I am a nomad and rider from the deserts. I wish that I might have pleasent conversation with some civilized and intelligent folk like yourselves."

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
As he takes his spear, Gidbore gets a better look at Gray who was hanging back for now. "Oh! You're a half-orc! We had a few problems with your kind before but you gave your weapon so you seem to be peaceful enough. I'm sure the guards inside will be watching you, however. Don't do anything foolish." The Cauldron's gate guard finish taking the Teraketh's weapon and lieutenant Rekarn and his troops quickly cross the gate and enter the tunnel leading to Cauldron.

"Thanks again for your cooperation." says captain Gidbore. "Move along now." With that said, you all move forward and enter the tunnel crossing the walls of rock. The few torches that light the tunnel are not really enough to dismiss all humidity penetrating throught the brick walls.

After a few hundred feet, you arrive at the tunnel's other end and you are only greeted by a great light. As your eyes ajust to being outside again, you can see Cauldron. The city is build into a volcanic crater, surrounded by high natural wall of rock. The gates are at the highest point while a large lake fills the center and lowest point of the town. The main feature of this city is that the streets form great concentric circles, each one lower than the preceding one. These main street are linked by a few steep alleys. Cauldron is not the prettiest of cities. Most recent buildings were built quickly and are made of the drab gray volcanic rock of the area. The richest habitations seems to be near you, in the upper part of the city. When it rains, all the city's filth seems to wash down into the lake. This all creates a pretty austere environment.

As the rain continues to fall on Cauldron and on your heads, you realize that you are all pretty much soaking wet and wouldn't mind a dry place.

Jarval

Explorer
"Don't mind Captain Gidbore, not all of us judge a man by his appearance." Dacre says as the group makes their way through the tunnel into the city. "I'm Dacre, and thank you for giving up your weapon. So, Grey One, what brings you to Cauldron? Other than the friendly welcome, of course..." He grins broadly.

Dacre's grin slowly fades as the group steps once more into the rain. He looks around for a tavern, hoping to get a drink and a square meal before too long.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"Hmm... Interesting place indeed... but I hope the water's good, wouldn't want another attack of - Anyway, yes, an inn, a tavern, someplace with good ale and warm food," Vivri says, shaking the drops out of her eyes. Looking about, she tries to see which street holds the most inns.

Dark Nemesis

First Post
“Good ale, warm food, and perhaps a soft bed,” Brandy agreed with Vivri. It appeared that they were all seeking out lodging, so she followed them. “Tell me, from where do you hail?” She asked of her erstwhile companions, offering each of them a bright smile.

G

Guest 11456

Galstadt Trustryke : Male Human Conjurer 1

Galstadt nods at the thought of warm food.

"Yes. Let us get out of this rain and into an inn."

He looks around for such a place.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"By the teeth and toenails of the demons of Underhell! I never thought it would be so hard to find an inn in a city before. Do they hide them under the lake?" Vivri asks, futilely wringing water out of her hair.

Jarval

Explorer
"I know, quite inhospitable..." Dacre agrees. He looks around, and stops the first person to pass by on the street.

"Good sir! Could you direct us to the nearest inn? My companions and I have traveled far to get to the city, and we are all in need of a square meal and a place to rest. If you could direct us to a suitable hostelry, we would be most grateful." If the man is forthcoming, Dacre thanks him warmly, and pressed two copper pieces into his hand.

Remove ads