Heroes of Darmon OOC

Creamsteak

Explorer
Heck no!

Gray would rather carry the weight of the entire world on his back than to give any intentional disguise. Honesty in all we say, integrity in all we do, and all that jazz. :p

GPEKO

First Post
Creamsteak said:
Heck no!

Gray would rather carry the weight of the entire world on his back than to give any intentional disguise. Honesty in all we say, integrity in all we do, and all that jazz. :p
That's what I thought.

On another note, your post in the IC thread doesn't respond to the gnome's interogation. I'm I to assume you've surrendered your spear ?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Yes, sorry I forgot to make that statement. Gray doesn't feel the need for weapons, and would use his spear only out of necessity.

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
Due to study and work commitments, I'm going to be away from EN World from the 27th of July until the 5th of August. Check out this thread for more details.

Sorry for any problems this might cause :(

dead_radish

Explorer
Since Mac hasn't responded, I'll put my character up, just in case. ;) I don't have Hexblades starting gold, and I'm not positive they get 5 skill points/level - everything else should be fine.

Tarnlea Naerth, Human Hexblade 1, TN

STR 17 (+3)
DEX 14 (+2)
CON 14 (+2)
INT 8 (-1)
WIS 10 (+0)
CHA 14 (+2)

Combat Stats:
Base Attack Bonus: +1
Melee: +4 [+1 BAB, +3 STR]
Ranged: +3 [+1 BAB, +2 DEX]
Hit Points: 12 [10 (levels) + 2 (CON)]
Armor Class: 17 [10 + 2 (DEX) + 5 (Chain mail)]
Initiative: +2 [+2 DEX]
Movement Rate: 30 feet

Attacks per round:
Glaive +5 (1d10+4/x3)
Heavy Flail +4 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
Spiked Gauntlet +4 (1d4+3, x2)

Armor:
Chain mail (+5 AC, +2 Max Dex bonus, 30% ASFC)

Saving Throws:
Fort: +2 [+0 base, +2 CON]
Ref: +2 [+0 base, +2 DEX]
Will: +2 [+2 base, +0 WIS]

Feats:
Weapon Focus (Glaive) [1st level]
Endurance [Human]

Skills:
+6 Bluff (Cha) [4 ranks]
+5 Concentration (Con) [3 ranks]
+6 Diplomacy (Cha) [4 ranks]
+6 Intimidate (Cha) [4 ranks]
+5 Ride (Dex) [3 ranks]
+1 Spellcraft (Int) [2 ranks]

Languages:
Common (Illiterate)

Special Abilities:
Bonus skill point at every level (4 at 1st).
Bonus feat at 1st level.
Favored Class: Any.

Equipment:
Backpack:
- 5 days rations
- Bedroll
- Manacles

Wearing / Carrying:
- Chain mail, with Spiked Gauntlets, emblazoned with Maal's insignia
- Grey and white tabard emblazoned with a worked gem surrounded by a ring of stone
- Glaive
- Heavy Flail

Total Weight Carried: 65 lb
Load: Light

Current XP:
Current: 0
Next Level: 1,000

Personality

Tarnlea is surprisingly gregarious and likable for a Maalite - she's at odds with the image of the dour and disapproving Judge, but that's precisely what drew her to the path of the Hexblade, rather than a Holy Warrior - she is as devoted to Maal as any, but his restrictions sometimes chafe on her. The only time she truly shows herself to be Maalite is when pursuing someone she considers to have committed an injustice and deserving of punishment. She can be a dogged judge then, or simply a nagging conscience, often depending on the motives behind the act. To her friends, she simply reminds them of the act until they have performed an appropriate repayment, whether it be to give away one of their possessions after absconding with needed food, or simply spending a few hours repairing damage caused during a battle. Her ideas of repayment are often fairly simple - fix something if you broke it, pay someone back if you stole it. She does tend slightly towards an attitude of moral superiority, but she does her best to keep that in check.

Appearance
Tarnlea is tall, especially for a woman - standing almost 6 feet tall, she typically looks eye to eye with her companions. Perhaps to compensate for that, she wears her fiery red hair down and flowing, and favors gaudy (though cheap) necklaces and clasps for her tabard. Her face is open and inviting with a perennial half-smile and sparkling eyes showing the majority of the time. Even when chiding someone over perceived injustices, she smiles congenially. She carries her weapons with practiced ease, and is rarely seen without her armor - even when sleeping, she keeps it on.

History
Tarnlea was orphaned by disease when she was perhaps 12, which ended an otherwise normal childhood - she was the 2nd child of a farming family, and grew up strong and tall helping her elder and younger brothers in the fields. She lacked her father's quick wit, or her mother's insights, but she was strong and tall, and could work for hours on end, often rising before dawn and working until well past dusk. She had no schooling or formal education, but her father instilled her with a peasant's morality - things were not fair, they were as they were. Some had a lot to work the fields, some had a lot to rule those that worked. Those underneath did as they were told, and things worked out. Even as a young girl, she had problems accepting his words, but there was little she could do. Then came the plague that wiped out their fields, and her family shortly after. Her younger brother was the only other survivor, and he was left crippled in his right leg, barely able to walk. She petitioned the landowner for aid, to take care of her diminished family, and to allow her to keep the farm. Instead, she and her brother were given over to the Church in nearby Cauldron, and their farm was given to a local merchant currently in favor. Thus began her training.

She was given to Darmon, as her uncle was a merchant - his word helped ease her in. She was put to work at menial tasks, as she was unsuited for scholarly pursuits, being unable to read and write. Still, the House provided few enough distractions, and she found herself listening to sermons, as well as the priests talking among themselves. She respected their views, but she wanted to rail at them about the world. They discussed travel and commerce, fortune and "doing good." But they could not see how the world was beyond their walls. Everything was about balance sheets and profits. The High Wayfarer could tell she was displeased, and called her to speak with him, but she was unable to explain herself. As there were innumerable others who could wash and scrub, he decided to allow her a time to travel among the other faiths. It was only when she spoke with a cleric of Maal that she found someone that seemed to understand some of her feelings. The cleric stressed the need for laws, for order, for justice. Even at 15, she knew that laws were made by corruptible people, and that order could be used to oppress as well as stabilize, but the ideals of justice and fairness rang true with her. With the permission of the High Wayfarer, she left the House of Dorman and was given a small room with the Maalites.

The Maalites began grooming her to be a holy warrior for Maal, but while she took easily enough to combat training, often testing herself on patrols in the jungles outside Cauldron, she was constantly bordering on heretical with some of her questions ("But that law isn't fair. Why should people follow it?" "Shouldn't the robber simply repay what he stole? Why must he be imprisoned?" "If that man killed someone, even if it was in a duel, shouldn't someone kill him?"). But her skill was undeniable, and her instructors enjoyed teaching her. Even so, after several years of tutelage, she was skilled with the blade, but it was clear she would never be a holy warrior. She had developed a strange ability to call down justice, as she put it - when she declared someone the target of this ability, her resolve often made them doubt themselves, and their mind clearly suffered from this. Thus it was that she was given a suit of armor and a weapon, and sent out into the world to enact her own brand of justice. She quickly signed on with the local guard, and is there now, though she yearns to travel beyond the city, and make more a difference than chasing down petty thieves. She has heard rumors of a group of travellers that defused an encounter with several of her friends in the guard, and she is considering seeking them out as a likely source of information of the world beyond.

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
So, GPEKO, since it's been 2 weeks, you want to consider Mac to not be here at this point, right? ;)

Course if you don't like the character, or don't think she'd fit in, let me know, and I'll just quietly read the thread and enjoy. ;)

This would just be a fairly amusing point for her to be introduced, as Dacre grabs a random passing "man" ;)

Remove ads