Heroes of Darmon OOC

G

Guest 11456

I added Appearance, Personality, and History.

Updated equipment (I was a bit off in figuring starting gold).

Expanded spell list with a listing of components for each spell as well as a listing of what is in the component pouch.

I thnk he's ready.

GPEKO

First Post
Tailspinner said:
In component pouch
Material:
Wool bits
Several pieces of phosphorescent moss
Several miniature cloaks
Horse hair
Several rose petals
Focus:
Short piece of copper wire
Brass key
Clear crystal
Piece of cured leather
Tiny bag
Small candle
Wizards sure carry a lot of weird stuff around ;)
Tailspinner said:
Not knowing what to do next he heard that the terrible demon had been vanquished by heroes of Darmon. Feeling a sense of indebtedness to the church of Darmon he sought them out to offer his services.
I'll suppose that Waltuz's tower was located in the farm lands surrounding Cauldron (see the IC thread for details) and that Galstadt has travelled there in order to visit the House of Darmon inside. You will probably join the others stuck outside the gate, once I get the chance to check your character in more details (probably tonight). Once this is done, I'll give the OK to post Galstadt in the RG and join the game.

GPEKO

First Post
Tailspinner, you can post your character in the RG.

Edit: I'll post a short intrduction for Galstadt in the IC thread shortly.

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
Does any of you needs a short glossary of terms and names from the BotR? Like, who's Lilith, who's the Lord of Ways (that's Darmon, by the way), what's a Zhenkefan ? That sort of thing that your character might know about but you don't if you don't have the book.

G

Guest 11456

GPEKO said:
Does any of you needs a short glossary of terms and names from the BotR? Like, who's Lilith, who's the Lord of Ways (that's Darmon, by the way), what's a Zhenkefan ? That sort of thing that your character might know about but you don't if you don't have the book.

Please! Yes!

dead_radish

Explorer
I'm stepping up as an alternate alternate. I loved to BotR for a long time, but couldn't convince anyone to play with it. I finally sold it on ebay as well, but I'd be willing to pick it back up if I got in here. ;)

So put me on the list! I'm looking at possibly a hex blade, possibly something else, depending on the party makeup if/when I join.

GPEKO

First Post
Sorry for taking this long ... the summers are short up here, so you've got to take advantage of it. :cool:

Galstadt intro is posted.
Nac Mac Feegle said:
If you're recruiting for alternates does that mean I'm in?
I was hoping d'Anconia would respond soon but he (or she?) didn't. I did say in my first post that the first character posted would get the spots. But, I also want to give a chance to the one who started this. So, if d'Anconia hasn't reponded to this thread tomorrow, you're in.

Tailspinner said:
Please! Yes!
If it's that needed :) , I'll see what I can do.

dead_radish said:
I'm stepping up as an alternate alternate. I loved to BotR for a long time, but couldn't convince anyone to play with it. I finally sold it on ebay as well, but I'd be willing to pick it back up if I got in here.

So put me on the list! I'm looking at possibly a hex blade, possibly something else, depending on the party makeup if/when I join.
If Nac Mac Feeble gets the spot, you're the next in line should anybody else drop out.

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
The Lords of Heaven

For those who don't have the book, here’s a simple list of the gods presented in the BotR. Characters with some ranks in knowledge (religion) should know most of this.

Name: Lords of Heaven (all of them);
Alignment: NG (as a whole), LG (church);
Some titles: Lords of Good or Gods of the Tree;
Portfolio: Greater Good;
Name of Church: The Great Church;
Name of Followers: The Faithfuls;

The Old Gods

Name: Urian
Alignment: NG;
Some titles: Radiant, Thunderous, Wind Lord, Sky Father;
Portfolio: the sky, the sun, the moon, the stars, the winds, freedom and salvation;
Name of Church: Eyries;
Name of Followers: Urianath;

Name: Rontra
Alignment: LG;
Some titles: Grandmother, Earth Mother;
Portfolio: the earth, plants, farming, fertility, life, gems, metals, and old age;
Name of Church: Fondations;
Name of Followers: Rontrans;

Name: Shalimyr
Alignment: CN;
Some titles: Raging, Magnificient, Grandfather Ocean, Sea Father;
Portfolio: waters of the world (oceans, rivers, rain ...), sailing, fishing, sea storms, fatherhood and humility (of the followers);
Name of Church: Basins;
Name of Followers: Shalimyn;

Name: Eliwyn
Alignment: N (if any, as Eliwyn is not really sentient);
Some titles: the One Tree, the Tree of Life;
Portfolio: nature, innocence, purity;
Name of Church: None;
Name of Followers: Not much of a following but some Druids worships and protect Eliwyn;

Name: Nameless One
Alignment: N;
Some titles: the Creator;
Portfolio: ; the Creator God (a detached one), the Beginning and End of the world;
Name of Church: None;
Name of Followers: Again, not much of a following but some Monks study him;

The Gods of the Tree

Name: Morwyn
Some titles: Gentle, the Wise, the White Lady, the Queen of Heaven;
Portfolio: healing, compassion, charity, wisdom, peace, forginess, mercy and motherhood;
Name of Church: Healing Halls;
Name of Followers: Morwynites;

Name: Terak
Alignment: LG or LN (or both, who knows ? He's a god after all);
Some titles: Valiant, the Mighty, Marshal of the Gods;
Portfolio: body, valor, War, soldiers, unity, battle;
Name of Church: Temples;
Name of Followers: Teraketh;

Name: Zheenkeef
Alignment: CN;
Some titles: Red-Haired, Mother Madness, Inspiration;
Portfolio: inpiration, intuition, wine, madness, invention, creativity, tragedy, prophecy, oracles, half-wits and geniuses;
Name of Church: Vineyards;
Name of Followers: Zhenkefans;

Name: Tinel
Alignment: CG (heavenly archmage) or N (aloof Tinel);
Some titles: Magnificient, Aloof, the Heavenly Archmage, Lord of Secrets, Keeper of the Keys;
Portfolio: magic, knowledge, the mind, secrets, truth, science, magicians, scribes and scholars;
Name of Church: Scriptoriums;
Name of Followers: Tinelites;

Name: Mormekar
Alignment: N;
Some titles: Quiet, the Shadow, the Grim Wanderer, the Last Guide, Death;
Portfolio: death, rebirth, the dead, the dying, the guiding of the Dead, those opposing the undead, the reborn;
Name of Church: Sacristies;
Name of Followers: Mormekim;

The Gods of the Womb

Name: Maal
Alignment: LN;
Some titles: Steely Eyed, the Judge, Judge of Souls, King of Souls;
Portfolio: justice, law, the dead, the Land of the Dead, the judgment of the Dead, retribution, lawyers, magistrates and judges;
Name of Church: Courts;
Name of Followers: Maalites;

Name: Darmon
Alignment: CG;
Some titles: Silver Tongue, Clever, Merry, the Traveler, of the Many Faces, the Laughing God, Lord of the Ways, Champion of Heaven;
Portfolio: travelers, tricksters and rogues, joy, laughter, good fortune, trade, wealth, debate, merchants, diplomacy, messengers, jesters, scouts, rebels and thieves (like I said before, in any order!);
Name of Church: Houses;
Name of Followers: Darmonites;

Name: Aymara
Some titles: Sweet, Fairest, Sister of Song, Jewel of Heaven, Lady of Love;
Portfolio: love, music, passion, romance, marriage, beauty, lovers, musicians, artists and bards;
Name of Church: Lyceums;
Name of Followers: Aymarans;

Name: Korak
Some titles: Lord of Wrights, King of the Crucible, Clever Handed;
Portfolio: smiths, artisans, carpenters, masons, other laborers, hard work, beauty of things;
Name of Church: Guildhalls;
Name of Followers: Koraketh;

Name: Anwyn
Some titles: the Homely, the Plentiful, Lady of the Feast, Giver of Gifts, Heavenly Maiden;
Portfolio: hearth, the home, confort, contentedness, food, housewives, servants, peasants, other 'small' folks;
Name of Church: Hearths;
Name of Followers: Anwynites;

The Three Sisters

Name: Naryne
Alignment: LN;
Some titles: High, the Dark Sister, Queen of Queens, Queen of Souls;
Portfolio: nobility, royalty, kingdoms, leadership, rulership, kings, queens, nobles, the lordship of the Dead;
Name of Church: Triads;
Name of Followers: Narynites;

Name: Canelle
Some titles: Swift, the Red Sister, the Victorious, the Runner of Heaven;
Portfolio: victory, athletics, competition, raw physical strength, glory, running, games, athletes;
Name of Followers: Canellan;

Name: Thellyne
Some titles: Silent, the Golden Sister, the Huntress, the Woodland Guardian;
Portfolio: woods, woodcraft, hunters, rangers and other woodsmen;
Name of Followers: Thellynites;

The Firstborn

Name: Asmodeus or Kador
Alignment: LE;
Some titles: the Lord of Hell, the Enemy, Fire's Father;
Portfolio: lies, power, fire, revenge, obedience (of followers);
Name of Church: It's a secret;
Name of Followers: Asmodeans;

Keep in mind that the 'portfolio' entry is just a list, it does not really explains the complexities of the faith

or the whole role of the church in society. I can't copy the whole book (actually, I wonder if this isn't to much already).

Remove ads