• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Heroes to get 'back on track' in Vol 3

Vocenoctum

First Post
I think my disappointment with the season finale lowered my expectations of the show, and then the start of this season lowered those expectations further.

Nuclear Platypus

First Post
I figured the swerves and sure enough they were delivered like the true identity of the killer of Hiro's dad, how Peter and Sylar survived (Comic book rule #313: if you don't see a body, they ain't dead), the end of tonight's episode since it was foreshadowed to some extent with Nathan's recovery in the previous episode (4 Months Ago ?) and possibly another pair of swerves courtesy of Noah Bennet (both involve teenagers).

The superbug that wipes out 93% may end up mutating because of Adam (or Peter copying his power uncontrollably) thus become even worse (superbug becomes Captain Trips) but I'm wondering if the Doublemint Twins (+ Sylar) will be the Deus Ex Machina to take care of Kensei unless Hiro takes drastic measures to kill his nemesis - teleporting non essential body parts like Adam's head.

Where's the Haitian? Or is he going to be the "red candylike History Eraser Button"? I like Monica since she might be another actual 'hero' like Hiro but both Rey Mysterio and the Taskmaster are favorites of mine.

Now, I think Surresh goes back to the original plan he and Bennet came up with judging from his reaction at the end of the episode.

Other than the Doublemint Twins and Nikki, I didn't have much problem with the pacing other than for a show titled Heroes, there wasn't enough Hiro! Again, the tagline ends up being "save the cheerleader, save the world."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Don't forget, Hiro once again proved that he can directly interact with himself without causing a paradox. It's only a matter of time before we see Future Hiro, Past Hiro and Present Hiro all battling Sylar or Kensai side by side.

Kheti sa-Menik

First Post
I liked this season. I disagree with what some folks are saying about Peter. I think he's by far the most interesting character in the ensemble. His story ought to be the main trunk off which the others branch from.

The pacing was good this season, although I think I rather would have seen have the fallout from Kirby Plaza rather than a new storyline.
I think we could have explored the characters we did have instead of introducing new ones; I find Bob, Elle, the Twins, Adam et al compelling but ultimately, find the first season cast more interesting with the exception of DL, who had the good sense to be killed.

Suresh, Parkman, and Nathan were all underused this season. The Haitian appeared, disappeared, reappeared, etc. Why wasn't he there with HRG at the showdown this past Monday?

I just hope these writers stop having tantrums and get back to work.

Remove ads