Hidden Beginnings(FULL)

Dire Lemming

First Post
Milton smiles and takes a crumpled sheet of paper from his pants pocket. He clears his throat loudly, looking at the piece of paper for a few seconds before beginning to speak.

"A rose by many other names might smell like feet,
But without it's thorns it could be good to eat,
The color of a rose reminds me of your cheek,
While his doth resemble the color of a leek,
Watching you my heart begins to ache,
For you're beauty I would order a humongous cake,
We could eat it together, your friends could too,
As long as they aren't all from the zoo,
You face looks nothing like a braindead platypus,
For your beauty is as great as a hippopotamus,
I'm not asking much of you,
Just a big hunk o' love will do."

He finishes his poem and bows. Then looks back at the woman, smiling dumbly.

Last edited:

Spontorus

First Post
Kintos chuckled lightly after listening to the poem, considering he was carefully watching the act play out in front of him as he sipped his ale. He was almost certain the man would be slapped or scuffed up by the lady's friend. If things became dire he could attempt to coerce the couple into not killing the man. but then again watching her reaction would prbably best, and good for a laugh.

|)ragon|2eborn

First Post
Rathan chuckled at hearing the warrior's attempt at poetry. The lady's friend, or judging by the anger on his face, probably more than friend, was not amused. Rathan thought he scented a bar fight in the making, although most likely his friend Kintos would beat the two antagonists around the head with his mace until they made peace. Too bad, rogues like himself could have a ball pickpocketing those who were busy bludgeoning who was a friend five minutes ago with the nearest weapon. If terminally bored, he could smash a bottle and join in.

hellrazor111

First Post
After, the finish of the poem, a strange silence came apon the table. Three moments later, the man sitting with the woman starts to chuckle. "Your style is...eccentric, but I'll take it as a complement" the woman says shortly thereafter. The man kicks the chair next to Milton out and says "Take a seat", and you can invite your friends too, looking over at the table that Kintos and Rathan are at.

Dire Lemming

First Post
"Thank you Miss, your laughter make my stomach churn with pleasure." Milton smiles even wider as he takes the seat. Setting the blank piece of paper and the tankard down on the table. "Friends?" he asks, picking up his tankard again and peering inside. He shrugs and then takes another swig. "I am Milton, you may know me as the slayer of the dreaded squirrelrat of the warehouse."

Last edited:

|)ragon|2eborn

First Post
Disappointed by the lack of a brawl, but amused nevertheless, Rathan stood up and replied "Friends? You are mistaken, for this is the first night that I have met this... skilled poet. But who am I to refuse an invitation?" He came and sat down. "My name is Narath, what are you two known as?"

Dire Lemming

First Post
Milton turns to the newcomer, still smiling broadly. "Greetings Norath! I am Milton Urple, slayer of the vicious squirrelrat of the warehouse. It is an honor to meet me I'm sure, but do not feel inadequate. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust violently upon them like my mother's, nanny's, third cousin's, lord's wife's uncle. Did I tell you about that?"

Spontorus

First Post
Shrugging and taking a large drink from his mug of ale, Kintos stands up and sits next to Rathan. "I am Kintos, cleric, peacemaker, non-evil-doer." His eyes darted from each of the table occupants. He chuckled. "From the look of it, I am the only man here who has not enjoyed the coldness of a jail cell." He took another large drink from his mug and slammed it down on the table, it's emptyness echoing as he did so. "Narath and myself are simple travellers, adventurers if you will. It is a pleasure to meet you Milton."

Last edited:

hellrazor111

First Post
[You cant delete it]

"I'm Cray," says the man "and this is my wi-uh-girlfriend M-" "I can answer for myself" says the young woman "I'm Mia"

Cray then says "I'm a ranger from the far north" "and I'm a witch, from the same village" says Mia "We are heading down to Nashkal to help with the mine problems" -SQUEEK- cames from The rangers body, "Oh and this is my companion, Puck..hes a ferret" answering the strange looks.

Last edited:

Remove ads