Hidden Beginnings(FULL)

Spontorus

First Post
Kintos listens contentedly, only to be startled by a light squeek from the ranger. As the ranger pulls a small furry animal from his shirt Kintos changes his expression to one of bewilderment, but returning to his kind-hearted stare as he remembered that woodsmen and rangers often travelled with pet companions. Thinking about the subject for a moment, he realised he wanted one of his own, a small pet would do, for no particular reason, just as a companion. Then again, he did have Rathan. Kintos snapped back to reality to find the ranger explaining his pet to the others. He quickly nodded to make it seem like he was listening. "Problems at the mine you say? What sort of problems?" He asked, quickly attempting to change the subject.

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
OOC: Roflol! Three cheers for Baldur's Gate parody! Hip hip Hurrah!

Milton returns his attention to the two original occupants of the table. "I am most enlightened to meet you both. Egads! You have a polecat in your pocket! Or rather, your shirt... Hm... I ounce had a rodent companion, one day I sat on him." His eyes start to water and he start sniffling. "Poor Reginald Heinrich Zhao McFinigan Ramos Cortez the eleventh... I haven't been able to find a suitable replacement since." He wipes his eyes and looks up again. Smiling through the tears. "Miss Mia... That is ridiculous. Whoever dares compare you to a canine again in my presence in anything but a complementary way shall be kissed by my fist. That means that I shall punch them in the face... What is this mind problem you speak of? Perhaps I can assist. Many have told me that I have a unique way of thinking. I hit some of them for glaring at me, but not all of them. Yes, I have made up my mind. I shall assist you in any way possible Miss Mia... and uh, Cray. No, no, don't try to refuse, I insist."

|)ragon|2eborn

First Post
"Yes, unique is a kind way of putting it. An unkind way of putting it would be completely and utterly deranged, but I'm not unkind." replied Rathan. "Well, it certainly makes you interesting to be around. Not to be left out, I feel I should ask what's the problem with the mine, as I seem to be the only person who has not yet asked.

Spontorus

First Post
OOC: Are there any modifiers for being intoxicated? I'm too lazy to skim through the handbook >.>, even though I doubt it would say so. Oh and merry Christmas/Happy Chaunukka and all that dribble...

Kintos motions over a barmaid and hands her eight silver pieces, she then hurries off and returns with another two full mugs of ale, and places them on the table. Kintos takes a large swig, wipes his mouth, and places the mug on the table, eagerly awaiting a reply from the ranger and witch.

Last edited:

|)ragon|2eborn

First Post
"Here, gimme one of those." Rathan grabbed one of the beers from Kintos. He sighed. Maybe if he drank enough he would forget... No, he would not think her name. Thinking her name brought recollections of her face, and tears to his... No, he could not cry. By all the Gods, it's been five years he thought furiously to himself, get ahold of yourself.

hellrazor111

First Post
Well, theres something in the mines, killing the miner and collapsing the tunnels. Iron is running low because they can't mine anything. Many people travel to the mines in attempts to become famous and all attempts have failed. Cray explains to the group, We plan to head that way tomorrow morning. If you plan on going down, we will wait for you for a few days, for this can not be an easy challenge.

[sblock=intoxication]
-2 to Int and Wis, +2 to Str OR Con
[/sblock]

Spontorus

First Post
"An excellent idea, you need not wait for Narath and I, for we are simply strolling through town, if our newfound warrior friend would be willing to accompany us, we will be able to leave by midday tommorow. After we stock up on supplies for the trip of course." He smiled. It would be Rathen and his first expedition in awile.

Last edited:

|)ragon|2eborn

First Post
Yeah whatever. I'll help. said Rathan, only half hearing what was said, too busy reminiscing. He turned his head Any idea what kind of creature or enchantment is doing this? It would help if we had something to work with, and I'm not exactly fond of walking into something I have no idea about.

Spontorus

First Post
"Aye, as enjoying as it would be to watch my friend here be mauled and torn limb from limb, I think it would be best to use my healing magic for more dire situations" Kintos looked over at Rathan and chuckled before taking another drink from his mug.

Dire Lemming

First Post
"That sounds like a capital idea!" Milton utters enthusiastically. "I too am ready to leave this place. I have stayed here too long, and do not wish to be found by... ahem... them..." He glances around slightly nervously as his hand reaches halfway to his greatsword. "I will not be caught unawares..." After glancing around shiftily for a few moments he shrugs and relaxes. "We had best stock up on supplies for our journey, we would not want to eat each other after all. Hey, let's go look around Amber for objects to pick up!" He stands abruptly, knocking his chair over, stumbles over it, and nearly falls onto the table behind him. At the last second however he manages to regain his balance, and he quickly rights the chair and heads for the door, holding it open for the others.

Remove ads