• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E High level characters: A one off

mcintma

First Post
Looks like Vampire wizards should prep Misty Step or DDoor, and also, that could have gone badly for the party if the Vamp Wiz had gotten a Wall of Force out on *them* first!

Nice battle report!

DaveDash

Explorer
Looks like Vampire wizards should prep Misty Step or DDoor, and also, that could have gone badly for the party if the Vamp Wiz had gotten a Wall of Force out on *them* first!

Nice battle report!

Definitely true on misty step. Regarding WoF against us, the Abjurer is amazing at counterspell (if in range..).

Last edited:

sithramir

First Post
Vampire wizards can't counter spell? Automatic if they use proper slot?

Does disintegrate destroy WoF? Haven't gotten any high level play myself yet

DaveDash

Explorer
Vampire wizards can't counter spell? Automatic if they use proper slot?

Does disintegrate destroy WoF? Haven't gotten any high level play myself yet

This was the default vampire out of the MM. Maybe he doesn't have counterspell prepared, Id have to check. I also think at the start we were out of 60ft range. Counterspells can also be counterspelled! I've had a chain of 5 counterspells once lol.

Disintegrate does destroy wall of force, but its a bad trade off. Better to try and break concentration...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads