• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Hivemind] Oh the pain! The pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnDfind

First Post
Slipdoors are pseudo-natural things. Exceptionally rare, and most believe that they are leftover from the Time of Change (when the big shift in the Gods happened, and that was reflected on Burr by crazy stuff).

The slipdoor creatures are living, warped relfections of the real world person. The only purpose they could have would be to learn about the other side and change places with their counterpart.

Most of the mimics are too warped to do much but unconsciously mimic their real-world counterpart (it's a trance-like state that the mimic has to actually break free of to be able to do what they want). Sometimes, a mimic realizes the situation he's in and tries to swap places. This isn't an easy thing to do, as the mimic would have to find the doorway to reality. Finding the counterpart is easy though, as the mimic always knows where the counterpart is.

Oh, and mimics know magic if the counterpart knows magic, and killing a mimic results in 1/2 hp loss to the counterpart on the real-world side :)

EDIT: As for the moral thing...dunno. What do you think?

Last edited:

Skade

Explorer
OK, here is the question for you, then. What is its intended effect on a game, mechanically, or plotwise?

UnDfind

First Post
It's just a different type of place. Like a dungeon. What better place would there be for a wizard to hide something he never wants anyone to find? Or the obvious mimic-gets-free plot. Lots of ways to use them.

EDIT: I guess it's just a flavah thing. Also, just so ya know...free mimics are really rare things.

Last edited:

Skade

Explorer
well, your answer above kills any moral issues as a widespread problem. There simply is no case for them, one way or another.

oh my. nearing 0600. time to sleep very soon

UnDfind

First Post
Sleepy time is good.

So you like/dislike/impartial towards Slipdoors?

EDIT: And any changes that could be made to make them better would be appreciated :)

Last edited:

Skade

Explorer
I need to read more before I have a real opinion. My initial opinion is much the same as my opinion of dungeons. namely *shrug*. They can be used to great effect, but they can also become old hat very quickly. In this case I see potential, that would need to be fleshed out with any over arcing meta plots revolving the past wars and its remaining effetcs.

UnDfind

First Post
Heehee...you're already coming up with something. I'd really like to see what you can come up with as an example...and extra rules for Slipdoors.

Oh, and welcome back to the Hive :)

Skade

Explorer
I'll see if that helps.

OK, good night, see you soon. Expect an email probably wednesday.

And Happy Easter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads