• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Hivemind] Oh the pain! The pain!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnDfind

First Post
Well that and the fact that the second to last thing that happens before Hell opens is named after it :D

Skade

Explorer
Course then you look at the biblical phrasing and gotta wonder how prevalent that concotion was in the period, that it would be considered the key to hell? Then, you also wonder, well, why IS it called wormwood? There's no worms? that is mezcal.

UnDfind

First Post
The answer, my friend, is lost to history. Maybe worms like to eat the plant or something.

EDIT: But anyway, back to Burr :D How would you like to do an example Slipdoor? I was thinking about seeing if Kilmore would want to do the art for the example, as his style would be PERFECT for it.

Last edited:

Skade

Explorer
I thin an image of that woud be very necessary. portals should be well defined in games, or they all look like shimmery gold holes.

UnDfind

First Post
Oh it's not a portal, per say...more like a shifting of the senses. I guess I haven't actually finished that section have I? I'll sum it up for ya' here, just so you can see if you like it.

Skade

Explorer
*scratches head* please not I am currently less than optimal. I thought...

Oh I remember now. slipdoors have to do with magic, and the access of those energies.

defintly need some kind of visual.

UnDfind

First Post
Slipdoors are inversions in reality. A place where things on the outside are perverted on the inside. Anyone entering a slipdoor can expect to find a warped mirror image of what was outside the slipdoor.

Like the example I'm asking you about. It would most likely be a town. The slipdoor would ecompass the town, and maybe a little of the wilderness beyond, but not much more than that.

The world would look warped, like buldings, furniture, and trees that bent and angled in ways that almost make you sick to look at.

The sky looks like a gelatinous ever-shifting goo that constantly changes colors.

The people are the worst, though. They are warped beyond everything one can imagine. Every one is different, but mostly they look like someone pulled their legs inside out through their mouths. They are prisoners, created in the slipdoor to mimic someone on the other side. They die when their counterpart dies. They die when their counterpart leaves the area of reality the slipdoor mimicks.

The people of the slipdoors have minds of their own, as terrible as they are. And any would give anything to trade places with their counterparts in the real world.

The thing is: If one can leave the slipdoor, and put his counterpart in the slipdoor world, the slipdoor resident is free, while the real world person becomes his shadow in the Slipdoor.

Last edited:

Skade

Explorer
OK... the plot ramifications of your slipdoors are kinda twisty.

Who created these slipdoors. That these mimics are prisoners, and die when their double leaves or dies implies a greater purpose than simple existence.

How far would, and can the mimics go towards creating the opportunity to release themselves from their suffering? Do morals exist in such a state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads