• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
For getting up it is...

Move Action - Stand from prone
Standard Action - whatever you wish
5' step - allowed (after you stand) as you did not us your move action to move any of your listed speed.

You can crawl while prone - 5' step that provokes an AoO

With the start full round action you are still taking more than one round to cast it.

Cast normally:
Round 1 - Full round action (cast sleep), may 5' step
Round 2 - Spell goes off and you get regular round (move and standard action)

Cast with start action?:
Round 1 - start full round action (cast sleep), move action left.
Round 2 - finish full round action (sleep spell goes off), move action left.

Why would you do it the second way unless you really need a move action for something.

HM

Satin Knights

First Post
HolyMan said:
You said the orc should be one more west in the CT but the cut out of Marshan is for when he reverts back (new he was big till the start of his turn but he goes before the orc). I will start putting a dot into the corner that your character grew from to also keep tabs. As shown below.

Thanks

HM
I had figured out that the distance was because I shrunk back down while I was editing the post for a die roll or something. The three edits before I am finished with my action is getting me occasionally. Toddy was going to move after his kill, but the map disappeared before I could see to where. By the time I found it, you had already posted the next action. No problem there. I have to be faster or marking my posts as not finished yet.

Marking corners, Yes, Please.
And marking the attack grid A1 in the northwest corner, and going alphabetical south, and numerically east will make it easier to put in the mini stats, moved to E6, grew to F7 and attacked the creature in F10.

Satin Knights

First Post
Since GlassEye is looking at an animal companion too, it would affect both of us in our build paths.
Boon Companion from the Seeker of Secrets? Available?

Satin Knights

First Post
Yep, we have extra powers from gestalt, but hit points and actions per round are still a limiting factor. The problem becomes more of which of the five possible actions do I choose. In the orc fight, I should have channeled energy twice. But if I did, two or three orcs would have still been standing and attacking, and we were more likely to TPK. The line between average fight and tpk becomes a lot thinner if/when HM adjusts for our talents.

I have run PFS for a year now. Season zero was softball scenarios that any unoptimized character can coast through. I have a 11th level, cleric8/druid2/sorc1 with a 12 AC that only dies if the barbarian in the party is dominated. Season one was tougher. Season two modules are outright vicious. I can name three which are "play down or die" where you have to go in at level 9 for a seventh level mod, or you cannot make it out alive. I have literally done the "screw the reward, dimension door out and leave" twice now.

Kingmaker which I am seventh level ending book two in right now is kind of balanced, but has several warnings of "if the party is not x level, they should run or skip this encounter until later". I expect Carrion Crown to be a bit tougher, and it is written with all the new classes and APG as being expected. So, it should be a challenge, even for us.

Yes, I am a damage beast, for the first five rounds of a day, and then I drop to half that potential. The second encounter of the day sees a lot meeker, more traditional me. The eidolon won't be the all-attack pounce beast. Those poof in round two or three usually. I will be spending evo points on defenses, like the acrobatics and perception, because they help the party more. At fifth level, the ape will have more hit points and do more damage, but Toddy will taunt and fly. I will be going with the somewhat scaled back approach.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I see everyone is on what is everyone's choice for next scenario?

a) lvl 1 dungeon room

b) lvl 5 hill giant (think it will live at least three rounds ;))

c) lvl 5 orcs again two with class lvls

*feminine voice*

Please make your selection now. :p

HM

Remove ads