HM's Carrion Crown AP - OOC

GlassEye

Adventurer
Thanks! I appreciate that.

Is that just you and your partner or is that for a team?

That was just me and my partner. It was a Professional/Amateur competition and my partner is the Professional dancer so the judges were only supposed to judge my dancing. In theory, anyway. Now that it's over I think I have Post Dramatic Stress syndrome (no one brings the drama quite like a ballroom dancer :lol:).

Satin Knights

First Post
Marshan will take 4 silver arrows, 3 white arrows, 2 blue arrows and 1 black arrow and one of the haunt siphons. He will take none of the CLW potions, lesser restoration potions, sunrods or the holy water. He will be using channeling if he needs healing and is still conscious. The channel vs. undead won't get far, as it is a DC 11 save for half. Gregori has the better throw skills.

Marshan will be memorizing Detect Undead, Deathwatch, and his domain spell of Enlarge Self. For orisons, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize. He is giving up his Light orison for the day, so Firvin will have to provide that if the sunrods get lost or used up.

He will use the Read Magic to review all the scrolls before leaving, but only take one Hide from Undead scroll. What are the caster levels on these scrolls? That makes a significant difference on their effectiveness.

That leaves 4 silver arrows, 3 white arrows, 3 blue arrows, 1 black arrow and three scrolls for Halal.

(Ok. I needed a nat 20, but my character doesn't know that. Got close.)

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
HM, is the town hall a municipal building with records? Looking at the description in the RG thread it doesn't sound like it, but rather a large building that can be used for various things.

Is there a mayor? I seem to remember a councilman or somebody we met, do they have an office in the Town Hall?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ok gang I just need you all to put your characters to bed....

I'm not sure how to say this nicely so I must be direct.

Please the next time I ask for you all to go about something like the above I would greatly appreciate it if you all didn't go in the complete opposite direction.

I don't wish to railroad the group but with the speed of pbp it seems better to advance a thread when a group looks to be stuck or not sure what is next. I was trying to get things moved forward and this trip to the Laughing Demon would not do that.

I have decided after much thinking to throw another Event at the group. It is the next to last one and they were suppose to last for the 30 days (if needed) of your stay in Ravengro and your group is on Day 4.

After this event I will move things to the next day. As a boon (should you be successful) I will forgo the Diplomacy check to use the Town Hall as a research place. The group can then spend the day researching there with a +2 to all Knowledge checks to discover what they can about the five prisoners.

If some of you still wish to go to the temple you will need to make a DC 25 Diplomacy check to be allowed to use their library.

I'm am not angry and I hope I don't come off as so. But you all have almost finished everything there is to finish but exploring the prison. For insight the module part of this book is 47 pages and the prison is 28 of those. ;)

EDIT: And you all have completed the first 16 pages of the 19 that aren't the prison.

Time to get to the bulk of this.

HM

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
LOL indeed, :D

While planning your gameworld, it should be noted that no matter what you do, the players are going to route around those aspects of the world into which you have poured the most detail and filled with the most interesting characters. They will skip right past those locations and insist on exploring the blank areas of the map.

Then they will grumble about the threadbare nature of the campaign.

If you prevent them from doing this, they will accuse you of railroading them.

HM

Satin Knights

First Post
I was simply going to suggest wielding one of the two following GM weapons:
[sblock=Clue Bat]Hey, I said go to sleep so we can start tomorrow on the way to the prison. or [sblock=+1 Clue Bat of Speed]After you slept, and identified the last piece, you find yourselves at the gate to the prison.[/sblock][/sblock]or[sblock=The Mobius Left]The plot has the right path and the Mobius Left path. But the Mobius Left always leads to the right path. The name may change, but the tune remains the same. You've just killed your only information source. No wait! His hireling was wearing the master's shirt with the sewn in name tag, and the source is out back having fun with the town wench. Or my personal favorite, "Even bad guys can pay in advance for Raise Dead."[/sblock]
And if this is a Spring-heeled Jill sneaking up on us, well I'm gonna .... :p

Remove ads