• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

HO2 - House Cleaning (El Jefe Judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Phoenix exerts the power of her mind to try and push her legs into a leap high enough to reach the next steps beyond the hole that just opened up beneath her. Even with the extra push though, she is just too far out of balance to make the jump. Falling into the darkness with a curse spilling from her lips, she quickly finds herself slamming into another form which grunts in surprise and pain as they collide and both slam down onto the basement steps in the darkness below.

OOC: Phoenix uses one of her four Power Points to use her Resistance power adding +4 to her reflex save. Ref save (1d20+8=10)
Still not enough to help her though as she takes (1d4=3) damage from the fall leaving her with 8HP currently.

Gli'jar

First Post
Seeing his companion fall through the floor in front of him, Korash stops and reaches forward trying to catch a limb but is unable to grasp anything but air. After the thud of contact, "You need any help down there?"

OOC Are the doors from the cabinet where the centipedes emerged sized close enough to lay over the collapsed stair step or is there anything close in size that could cover the hole? I am assuming more than one step failed?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
With a gasp, Kamdar runs back down the stairs to help Phoenix and Tumna, "You two all right?"

HugeOgre

First Post
With a little work Tumna and Phoenix manage to disentangle themselves and regain some semblance of dignity.

The hole left by the falling mindblade now stands before the party. Fortunately, its located at the top of the stairs, and with a little bit of effort and the doors from the cabinets the group is able to quickly make a way to access the hallway on the floor above. The narrow passageway, choked with vines and dirt heads back east some 20 feet before bending left out of view. Two doors, one at the end of the hall and one on the south wall are visible in the gloom.

ooc: Tumna also takes 3 points of damage from the falling debris and the bludgeoning force of the Mindblade.

Gli'jar

First Post
"We can either split three in one group, two in the other or continue on as a group. I think it may be best to split up so as we can finish our job. I'll take that door. Who is coming with me?" Korash motions pointing to the one at the end of the hall.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Split up?" Kamdar is confused, "I don't think we're that pressed for time."

Dalamar

Adventurer
Tumna keeps spitting curses in orcish as the two redheads are getting untangled.
"I don't think we're in such a hurry either, let's just keep our sweet buttocks all in one pile for now."

Gli'jar

First Post
Korash stops and waits for the group."Understood. Well in that case, shall I lead on or would someone care to take the lead for a go."

SelcSilverhand

First Post
"Lead on dwarf, and lets be quick and quiet about it. Half the vermin in this house will be alerted to our presence after the ruckus on the stairs."

HugeOgre

First Post
So, with Korash in the lead...

a) whats the marching order and

b) are you going in the door on the left, the door straight ahead, or going around the corner to see what is there?

Remove ads