House Millithor in COSQ: part 4

Serpenteye

First Post
Endur said:
Earth Elemental 9: Holds in reserve.

ooc: The Elemental was ordered to prepare a cave-in over the Balor, and to release that cave-in at the Matron's command (;)). If it doesn't need more than a round to prepare a nice collapse of the ceiling (which I assume that it does) I guess then it can join us in our attack on the Balor. Whatever it does, it doesn't hold in reserve.

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Initiative Round 2
The Balor’s booming voice roars in Abyssal. Non-undead who don’t speak Abyssal, still understand what he said.

“Negotiations? I have your negotiations right here!”

Torellan 24: Torellan does a full attack on the Balor, criting once for 25 points.
Kilcif 23: Shoots four arrows at the Balor. First, second, and fourth Arrows miss due to fire and shadow obscuring the Balor’s solid body (9 +25 = 34, 6+25=31, 13 + 15=28, vs. ac 39). Second arrow strikes the target (20 +20, auto confirm bless weapon) for 65 points of damage (Balor passes fort save).
Quertus 20: Casts Dimensional Anchor at the Balor. Touch Attack: 9 + 7 BAB + 1 Dex +1 haste -4 firing into melee = 14. Miss.
Tierak 19: Fires her hand crossbow and misses the Balor. (Die roll 19 + bonuses vs. ac 39).
Narcelia 17: waits.
Balor 17(-130): Quickened telekinesis. Balor attempts to repeat his success of last round and telekinesis half a dozen vampires into the chasm. One vampire resists, five others are flung out into the chasm. One vampire resists, three catch hold of the wall, two fall. One of the two that fell hits a rock and converts to gaseous form, the other is swept away in the river.
Balor flies into the chasm, dragging Dariel along with him. Dariel takes 32 points of damage (after Resist Energy).
AOO: Zieggrek attempts to grapple the Balor to prevent him from flying away. Zieggrek takes 19 points of damage from the sword blow that prevented his grapple attempt and 14 points of fire damage.
Vampire Minions 17: Vampire Minions transform to Dire Bats and follow into the chasm
2 Wizard Warrior Minions 17: Cast Magic Missile at Balor (both fail SR)
Leonon & Kiernan: Fire Hand Crossbows at Balor (both miss)
Dariel 15: Dariel slips free of the Balor's whip and falls into the river.
Zieggrek 14 (-51 hp): Zieggrek charges into the chasm, leaps, and attempts to grapple the Balor. Zieggrek rolls 20 for touch attack and succesfully touches the Balor, taking 14 points of fire damage. Grapple attempt: Zieggrek 5+36 vs. Balor 9 +36. Zieggrek can't hold onto the Balor and falls off. He hangs onto the side of the wall of the chasm.
Kripp 13: Casts Rushing Waters at the Balor. The Balor is knocked back fifteen feet by the rush of water and hits the wall. The Balor's firey aura is temporarily drenched and he falls thirty feet down the chasm before he recovers his flight (DC 21; reflex save 11 +19=30). Four Dire Bats are also affected by the Rushing Waters (2 pass the DC21 reflex save, 2 fail), two of which recover their flight thirty to fifty feet down the chasm, the other two fall into the river.
Fiendish large Crocodile 13: snaps its jaws and guards Kripp.
Fiendish huge Shark 13: Opens its mouth wide when it thinks the Balor is going to fall.
Bebiliths 10: The Bebiliths move out into the chasm onto the walls.
Dominated Mage: casts magic missile, fails to penetrate SR.
Earth Elemental 9: waits for Matron's command to cave in the ceiling
Ki’Willis 8: Orders the Elemental to not cave in the ceiling.
Carcelon 7: uses Rod of Viscid Globes. Balor laughs as Globe is burned up as his flames restart. (Carcelon hit with touch attack, but Balor made his reflex save and Carcelon failed SR check).
Wraith Morcane 5: attacks Balor and misses.

Current Status of Vampire Minions:
Two Vampire Morcanes: Leonon, Kiernan : both in the entry hall
One Officer Vampire: gaseous form heading to coffin
Two Wizard-Warrior Vampires: Both in the entry hall
Three Thug Vampires: 3 in gaseous form heading to coffin
Five Commoner Vampire Spawn: Two in river, two in gaseous form heading to coffin, one dire bat in chasm
Fourteen Warrior Vampires: six in gaseous form heading to coffin, three in river, five Dire Bats in chasm

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
OOC: Wow, it worked. The Circlet is definately proving to be a worthwhile investment... :)

Carcelon levels her Rod of Viscid Globs at the Balor and fires, hoping the sticky goo will make it easier for Z to grapple him.

Endur

First Post
Because I made the assumption that Torellan would want to move with the vampiric minions he commands. If you want to act seperately, I can edit it so you are back at 24.

Dalamar said:
OoC: Why did Torellan's init drop to 17?

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Endur said:

“Negotiations? I have your negotiations right here!”

The Matron, enraged by the senseless stupidity of the fiends, sneers back at the Balor, her voice oozing hatred

"Fool. I care nothing for Maerimydra, and until recently nothing about your master. All I wanted was the destruction and final death of Irae Tsarran. Wether you win or lose here today you will have weakened our common cause, and I pray that that whore of Kiaransalee devours you all."

Seonaid

Explorer
Narcelia moves forward but stays outside the current range of combat. She will continue to do so for as long as she can (move closer, but not close enough to be threatened, and move backward if necessary).

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kilcif: Bugbear/Male (Barbarian/Ranger/Rogue)

Seeing the ugliness of the battle before him Kilcif continues to waste arrows against the Balor as he contemplates disappearing into the shadows but as he watches the Matron step closer his interest is perked…

As he contemplates putting an arrow through the back of her rotting head his hand draws fourth the arrow that he found with the ring. His daydreams of hatred become more tangible as he realize just how easy it would be to place the arrow through her with no one truly understanding what happened due to the chaotic battlefield but as he draws his bow back he realize that her own burning hatred will bring her final destruction soon enough.

As he shifts his aim to the Balor Kilcif contempt the rewards he would receive if he could down the demon and gain the Matron undying gratitude… He chuckles at his own joke as he aims for the open maul of the demon.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Endur said:
Because I made the assumption that Torellan would want to move with the vampiric minions he commands. If you want to act seperately, I can edit it so you are back at 24.
Wait and risk that somebody else has a chance to off it? Not Torellan, especially in his current state (need to properly get over that frustration that has been building up by his lack of 'fun').

Remove ads