• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Endur

First Post
The kneeling drow doesn't move or otherwise react to repeated prods. After removing the hood from his piwafwi, Matron Ki'Willis recognizes her adopted son Dariel. He does not seem to be responding to you and is obviously suffering from shock and various wounds.

The wounds do not appear to have been caused by the huge statue.

Last edited:

Dalamar

Adventurer
"No signs of life? *cough* Not really a *cough* surprise, you'd think *cough* that it's boring enough to *cough* kill you just laying in *cough* a coffin."

Serpenteye

First Post
Ki'Willis turns her head, looking for whoever could have reduced Dariel to such a state. Though she realises that the statue may be the possible source of the enchantment she doesn't discount other possibilities.
She then turns back to Dariel, tenderly touching his face and speaking quietly in a soothing, almost loving tone "I am here now, my boy, the danger has passed for now. You are safe, unless you cannot offer a satisfying explanation for how you found yourself in this predicament." Her last words are said humorously, but with a hidden dark undertone. As she speaks she checks his pulse, his pupils and other vital signs to try to find any clue to what caused his condition.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Seeing that he's unable to offer any kind of response Ki'Willis retrieves one of the wands of Cure Light Wounds and heals his physical injuries.
Since they are hard pressed for time she decides to place Dariel in her empty Portable Hole, and gestures for Kilcif to assist her.

Then the group continues forwards, the Morcane's hopefully following but staying just out of visual range of whoever the party encounters.

Endur

First Post
Velasta laughs hysterically at Torellan's sense of humor.

The dead body continues to lie there, but it does not smell bad.

Leaning against Torellan and helping to support him, Velasta suddenly grabs a handful of Torellans hair and shoves his head down into the Sarcophagus. Torellan is coughing yellowish blood into the sarcophagi while his throat is pressing against the face of the dead body.

Meanwhile, Matron Ki'Willis rejoins the surviving surface raiders at the top of the staircase.

Serpenteye

First Post
Ki'Willis regards the raiders with an unreadable look, her gaze sweeping across the dead or dying slaves with contempt before she turns to Zedar Tsarran. "Is this all that remains of the force that was assigned to your command? I take it you encountered harder resistance than you had expected. Perhaps you should account for what has happened to your unit, Tsarran."

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Chiming in at the Matron's side, Kripp adds 'Great must be, enemies. to lay low, a Party from House-Great.
Looking about, Kripp casts Detect Magic from one of his Wands and scans the room, paying partucular attention to the kneeling Drow and the Statue.

Endur

First Post
When Kripp cast detect magic on the statue and the kneeling drow, he detected magic upon both of them. The statue radiated a strong transmutation aura and the kneeling drow radiated magical auras consistent with Dariel's character sheet.

Later, after the party passed through "the hall of shattered bones and open graves" and went up the staircase, if Kripp detected magic, he detected magic consistent with the character sheets of the other characters.

At first the sitting drow pays no attention to Matron Ki'Willis. He just continues to sit there, holding an empty liquid container. Then he pushes the clay jar to the side. Looking up at Matron Ki'Willis, Zedar T'sarran speaks.

"I am not now what I once was. I will soon be amongst the undead. Things will be different.

"Your questions will not matter then. But I will answer them now.

"We have taken no losses. The only deaths, so far, are a few meaningless humans.

"But three of us have breathed deeply of the spores of the yellow mold. I can feel the mold growing in my lungs. Quertus and Torellan breathed deeply as well. Perhaps the wizard knows magic to prolong his life, perhaps not.

"Torellan stumbled off with Velasta. I know not where or why, nor do I care."

Uriel said:
Chiming in at the Matron's side, Kripp adds 'Great must be, enemies. to lay low, a Party from House-Great.
Looking about, Kripp casts Detect Magic from one of his Wands and scans the room, paying partucular attention to the kneeling Drow and the Statue.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Torellan gasps in surprise, breathing in some of the blood he was coughing out, as Velasta graps his hair.
"Wat- *cough* Watch it! *cough cough* You're g- *cough* going to kill me *cough cough* before he gets a *cough* a bite!"
Judging by Torellan's tone, he is now joking to supress his own rising fear rather than amusing Velasta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads