• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serpenteye

First Post
Endur said:
Looking up at Matron Ki'Willis, Zedar T'sarran speaks.

"I am not now what I once was. I will soon be amongst the undead. Things will be different.

"Your questions will not matter then. But I will answer them now.

"We have taken no losses. The only deaths, so far, are a few meaningless humans.

"But three of us have breathed deeply of the spores of the yellow mold. I can feel the mold growing in my lungs. Quertus and Torellan breathed deeply as well. Perhaps the wizard knows magic to prolong his life, perhaps not.

"Torellan stumbled off with Velasta. I know not where or why, nor do I care."

Ki'Willis brushes a bit of dust of her sleeve with a dismissive wave of a hand. Don't be so certain we'll leave your corpse intact, heretic. "And the rest of you? The Lich, the other vampires. Not to mention two dozen commoners and other beasts of burden. Since you did not include them among your losses I must conclude that they have abandoned you, likely under Dorina's order. In this whole affair you are no more than a bait, an expendable pawn to be used to weaken the resources of house Millithor in preparation for her ultimatum. Can you really be so sure that you will be brought back at all?"

ooc: What does Ki'Willis and the others know about yellow mold? Is it a permanent (though curable) condition or does it wear off in time?

Endur

First Post
Zedar presses his hands against the floor, testing his strength.

Then he responds to Matron Ki'Willis,
"Eilos? He rode off on his own. No idea where he went.

"We couldn't take riding beasts with us. Too cold on the surface. It would be too cold for them to survive even in this corridor. They must have been returned to the stables long ago.

"I, a pawn? My sister's pawn?"

Zedar uses the pole of his dire flail to prop himself up as he stands up on his feet. His skull helm is attached to his belt. Once up, he swings the pole of the flail lightly.

"This raid was my plan! MINE! I wanted immediate vengence against Daggerdale! Irae and Dorina counseled patience. They said to wait for the Great Revenance! I refused!"

Zedar walks, his anger providing increasing strength, and begins to swing his flail at the dying humans, focusing his anger on the two female human priestesses. Smashing their skulls in.
"They captured me long ago and tried to convert me to their pathetic surface world gods. I will have my vengence. They will all die!"

44441_9.jpg

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
ooc: Ki'Willis and the others know that yellow mold is usually fatal if it grows within your lungs. If you survive, its curable.

Endur

First Post
Velasta laughs as she rubs her body against Torellan suggestively while forcing his head down into the sarcophagus. Torellan realizes that Velasta is actually stronger than he is.

"I told you I would not let Velina kill you."

Dalamar

Adventurer
I really don't like how that sounds like she's going to do it instead, just to prevent her sister from doing it... Torellan thinks to himself, as he gives in and lets himself be lowered inside.
"So? *cough* Can I still en- *cough* enjoy the joys of life *cough* when I'm *cough* a living dead?"

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kilcif: Bugbear/Male (Barbarian/Ranger/Rogue)

Kilcif grips his morningstar as he picks it up of the ground, he had only sat it down for a second as he dumped the rest of the “young” drow into the portable hole provided by the Matron. Kilcif can’t help but wonder if she can do this, to as far as he can tell a loved one, what she would do to him if his role was reversed with the young male drow.

Shuddering and turns his attention to the chamber in the hopes of freeing his mind from his unpleasant thoughts but he finds no relief as his eyes lingered on the huge statue one more time, Oh I hope your too ugly to be alive…

Endur

First Post
As Kilcif scans the huge alien insectoid statue, he notices deformitied on certain parts of the statue. Almost as if someone had pounded on parts of the statue, or the statue had pounded on someone.

Then Matron Ki'Willis leads the party beyond the statue, into the next cavern where the Tentacled creature fought the skeletlons, and then up a staircase beyond that cavern to rejoin the remainder of House Millithor.

Serpenteye

First Post
Ki'Willis turns her head and looks at the other raiders, a dark emotion lurking in the depths of her eyes. "Perhaps one of you can tell me more, give me some kind of report of what has happened. But other matters are more urgent. Who among you is suffering worst from the mold? And does anyone know where Torellan and Velina have run off to? Did he at least appear to act of his own free will, or did none of you consider the possibility that he may have been Dominated?"

Endur

First Post
Velasta responds to Dalamar, almost tendery, "My aunt Dorina still experiences a type of joy, although I have heard that many of your senses change when you cross over."

Dalamar suddently realizes that the eyes of the dead human have opened. As has the mouth that is next to Dalamar's throat.

Of the four surface raiders, Matron Ki'Willis can readily recognize that Quertus and Zedar look the worst off of the surface raiders, besides the slain humans. Marckarius and Narcelia look relatively well.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads