• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thels

First Post
Wha? What's going on? And why is Quertus rebelling all of a sudden? Not sure what's going on at all, Dariel grabs his bow and aims at the House Wizard, readying an action to shoot if he tries anything weird, such as attacking someone or spellcasting.

Pyrex

First Post
Carcelon Millithor, Second Daughter, Clr 11

"What in the nine hells is going on here?" Carcelon wonders.

Carcelon moves to stand between Klaxeon and Quertus, drawing her rapier as she moves, within reach to make an AOO if either casts a spell / activates a power. She then readies an action to counterspell with Dispel Magic

OOC: Endur, I'm trying very hard here to only act on the information Carcelon has available at the moment. If you think the above isn't reasonable, let me know and I'll revise.

Endur

First Post
Carcelon is waiting to counter-spell the first person to cast a spell.

Krecil is subduing Quertus with several elbows and punches.

Kilcif draws his morning star and is ready to attack anyone who attacks him.

Dariel readies an action to shoot Quertus if he tries to cast a spell.

Marckarius finishes off the bleeding mindflayer with a coup de grace.

Torellan obeys the Matron's command and also inflicts subdual damage on Quertus.

Matron Ki'Willis breaks free of Klaxeon's mind control and can act immediately.

Initiative
Matron Ki'Willis: 13
Master Klaxeon: 12
Jena: 12
Quertus: 12
Narcelia: 3

Initiative Next Round
Carcelon: 22 ready to dispel spell
Kilcif: 22 ready to attack anyone who attacks him
Krecil :22
Dariel: 19 ready to shoot Quertus
Marckarius: 19
Torellan: 15

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Kilcif: Bugbear/Male (Barbarian/Ranger/Rogue)

Endur said:
Matron Ki'Willis yells out, "Stop fighting! Restrain the Wizard! He is under the control of Syrzan's coin!" She then tosses the coin to Master Klaxeon.
Kilcif upon hearing this will pull his Morningstar out but finds himself unsure whom really to attack. He will move off the wall, and slightly closer to combat, giving himself more room to fight while he moves into a combat stance.

OOC: Hope the above counts for last round I was waiting for my results on the “sense motive” in OOC section. Kilcif will attack the first person that makes an offensive move against him. (Physical, mental [if he detects it], magical etc.) After that he will make his moves based upon the situation, aka matron regains control, which seems to be happening or if one of the other drow or if he figures out what’s going on.

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Finally free from Klaxeon's domination Ki'Willis moves forwards in cold fury to strike the Illithid down with her scourge.
Kill the Illithid!

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Marckarius smiles when he hears the Matron's command to kill the Illithid.

Matron Ki'Willis swing her scourge at the Mind Flayer and three of the snakes bite Klaxeon. Klaxeon screams alien words in pain.

Klaxeon successfully concentrates in spite of the massive pain he is suffering and begins to fade away. Carcelon attempts to dispel Klaxeon's plane shift. Carcelon is unsuccessful in stopping Klaxeon from fading away.

Seonaid

Explorer
Narcelia glances around quickly, making sure no one else is acting strangely. [Are we still in round-based action?]

Serpenteye

First Post
The Matron visibly composes herself, in a couple of seconds she is once again her normal serene self. Though her mind is bubbling with rage her slight smile seems genuinely amused. Turning to Krecil she speaks,
Enough, there is no need to subdue the Wizard. Is there, Quertus?
She shakes her head, talking both to herself and the party. I overestimated Klaxeon, by mistaking him for a civilized and intelligent being. I didn't fully expect his attack, and was momentarily dominated. A foolish move on his part. He would have nothing to gain by betraying us, and has now lost far more than he would have had he cooperated with me. He has his precious coin, and we have all the payment I would have demanded.
Despite all his insanity he remains a threat to us, our location will soon be known to all our enemies in Menthol Derith. We have to leave, as soon as possible.
Loot the corpse, and destroy it.
(If he's back to his old self she turns to the Quertus,) Do you have two Shadow Walk spells prepared?

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Serpenteye said:

Loot the corpse, and destroy it.
(If he's back to his old self she turns to the Quertus,) Do you have two Shadow Walk spells prepared?
"Quertus, does that bauble Klaxeon left behind actually do anything or does it just look pretty?" Carcelon asks, pointing at the Cephalometer lying on the ground.

Last edited:

Thels

First Post
Our rivals keep escaping death and our allies die by the masses! Are we next?

As everything seems under control, Dariel checks upon the nearby surroundings, making sure no one stumbles upon them by surprise again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads