• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

House Millithor in the City of the Spider Queen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thels

First Post
Dariel backs away from the Illithid. No way anyone is gonna put that on my head... he thinks as his hands touch the hilts of the unfamiliar swords hanging on his sides.

Seonaid

Explorer
Narcelia smiles at Dariel absently and hands him her sword. But when Klaxeon speaks, she frowns slightly at the Illithid's fanaticism. She restrains herself from backing away from the mind probe, but her lip curls in distaste. One of her snake's heads hisses faintly.

Serpenteye

First Post
Endur said:
"If you wish, in order to prove our good will and that the device does not inflict pain, we would be happy to demonstrate the Cephalometer on another of your servants before using this device on your beloved patron. Matron, you can even choose the questions if you wish to test the loyalty of your new bugbear."

The Matron smiles at Klaxeon, he really is an amusing little fellow.
A most fascinating device, master Klaxeon, it could be quite useful to us. Perhaps we could consider a trade, once you have asked your questions.(ooc: That is, unless Jena the Telepath already has Mind Probe as a known power.) A demonstration will not be necessary, I'm sure an individual of your intelligence would realise the folly of trying to decieve us.
I believe we are ready to commence the interrogation.

For all her outward serenity, she is ready to unleash death at any moment should something go wrong.

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Narcelia, Eldest Daughter, Clr 11

Narcelia prepares an action to attack the Illithid with her scourge, if he (or the other one) moves to attack the party.

Edit: By "prepares" I mean readies. :)

Last edited:

Endur

First Post
Master Klaxeon continues his salesmanship as he proceeds to demonstrate how to use the Cephalometer. Torellan is certain that before Klaxeon became an Inquisator, he must have been a salesman for psychic devices.

"We will need a chair in the center of the room. Very good. Now, Krecil if you will just take a seat here. Excellent.

"Now, Krecil, this device will not function if you resist. Do you have any desire to resist the device?"

Krecil responds glumly, "I will offer no resistance to the mindprobe."

Klaxeon continues and hands the cephalometer to the other mindflayer, "I will explain the process while my assistant demonstrates how the Cephalometer works on Krecil.

"See how Korblaxt places the Cephalometer on the head of the subject who has volunteered to be mind probed. It looks almost like a metal headband and is adjustable in size. It can be used on gnome sized heads all the way up to Ogre sized heads.

"In 99 out of 100 test cases, there are no longterm after effects from the use of the Cephalomter. Truly an amazingly effective and safe device.

"Now, Korblaxt places his fingers on the device and prepares to begin.

"Simultaneously, the volunteer should open himself to the mind probe. Relax. Rest yourself. When you feel the mental intrusion, welcome it. If you resist, we will see red, green, and blue lights near the Cephalometer."

While this demonstration is going on, Master Klaxeon has re-established a mental link with Matron Ki'Willis.

As previously agreed, I will ask the question simulatenously across this mental channel and outloud to Krecil. In order for the mind probe to function, you will have to relax your will and mentally welcome the probe. If you resist, I will know that you are resisting, although there won't be any colored lights, to notify others.

Master Klaxeon speaks outloud to Krecil (and over the mindlink to Ki'Willis):

"Did you assist the Alhoon Syrzan or any of his confederates in the conspiracy behind the slave rebellion in Menzoberanzan or any other conspiracy?"

There are no colored lights around the Cephalometer. Krecil responds with a look of indignant disbelief, "No, never."

OOC: What was the Matron's response to the question. Did the Matron resist the mental intrusion?

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Carcelon watches the proceedings with a mix of amusement and suspicion and thinks to herself,
"I've heard that genius and madness often go hand in hand, if Klaxeon is as bright as he is batty
he could make for a dangerous opponent.
"

Endur

First Post
Jena watches what is going on with some suspicion. 99 out of 100 test cases? I have heard that the cephalometer can do mind probes. But I have also heard it can reduce a subject to a drooling idiot or re-program a brain. Although perhaps the Illithids intended that result, so it was not considered a failure.

Marckarius is holding his flail in his right hand. At the first excuse, I'm going to kill an Illithid. The Matron seems to like the leader, so I'll kill the other one.

Dariel thinks that Krecil is unusually focused on responding to the question from the Mindflayer. Perhaps the Illithid was lying when he said people could resist the Cephalometer's mind probe.

Narcelia glances over at the Matron. The Matron's eyes have glazed over, almost as if the Matron is thinking about something else and not watching Krecil's mind probe.

Kilcif is thinking that perhaps these drow aren't as powerful as he thought.

The assistant mindflayer removes the Cephalometer from Krecil's head.

Matron Ki'Willis smiles, claps her hands together, and announces, "Excellent! I'm glad we were able to work together to satisfy your quest! Quertus, I would like to see that coin for a moment."

Quertus holds the coin in one hand to show the Matron. The Matron removes the coin from his hand.

A change comes over Quertus. Quertus yells, "I'll never give up the coin! Ashnaz As Kak!"

Quertus sends a green ray at Master Klaxeon. The green ray dissipates harmlessly about six inches before it reaches Master Klaxeon.

Marckarius hits Korblaxt with his flail. Torellan struck Korblaxt with his long sword. Korblaxt falls to the ground bleeding from his wounds.

Krecil grappled Quertus.

Matron Ki'Willis yells out, "Stop fighting! Restrain the Wizard! He is under the control of Syrzan's coin!" She then tosses the coin to Master Klaxeon.

Jena thinks. I never noticed how Matron Ki'Willis and Syrzan were so much alike. I wonder if Matron Ki'Willis is actually dominating the mindflayer and this all some sort of elaborate test.

Matron Ki'Willis thinks: I can't blink my eyes or move a muscle. My entire body is under Klaxeon's control and is doing his bidding. His words are coming out of my mouth.

Initiative
Carcelon: 22
Kilcif: 22
Krecil :22
Dariel: 19
Marckarius: 19
Torellan: 15
Matron Ki'Willis: 13
Master Klaxeon: 12
Jena: 12
Quertus: 12
Narcelia: 3

Last edited:

Serpenteye

First Post
Her mind fills with a terrible rage as she fights against the domination with all power of her will. She is not accustomed to taking orders, and the fact that she's been dominated infuriates her more than the actions she's being forced to take.
No! How dare you! You will pay for this!... I will pay for this.

Rage, Despair, Hatred, Hatred, Hatred.

The snake heads of her flail writhe in a seizure of mindless bloodthirst.

Last edited:

Seonaid

Explorer
Narcelia hesitates a moment, glancing between Klaxeon and the Matron Mother, and then steps toward Quertus, Scourge raised. She will ready an action: If he attempts to harm any of the females, she will attack him with the Scourge. [If someone's post would change my action, I'll post then to say what I would do instead of this.]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads